Monday, April 01, 2002

I know the exact moment Ewan McGregor melts my heart in "Moulin Rouge!" Its after he bust out and sings "This is my song" to Nicole Kidman and then goes into "YOUR SONG" and starts singing the verse...

I sat on the roof and I kicked off the moss
Well some of these verses well they, they got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on.

So excuse my forgetting, but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is - what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen


When he sings it... there's something about his smile that just gets to me. Its so genuine... so happy.. and it just makes you feel totally giggly to see him in love like that. You can't help but think "lucky bastard... I wanna fall in love like that!" Fall in love to the point there you can't help but sing it out loud and declare it to the world... OK.. I've been watching too much Moulin Rouge!...but sometimes you can't help think such things. :)

No comments: