Monday, April 22, 2002

Hmmmmm.... long, relaxing, fun and awesome weekend. :)

Thursday was a funny day. As I was packing, I noticed this car drive by... and then slowly backup with the driver pointing at the house. It took a while for me to recognize him, but it was my cousin Butch and my Tito Manoy. :) They live in Hayward and drove down for the weekend a day earlier than expected. Anyways, Mom came home and then all 4 of us drove over to Long Beach to pick up Carlene and then it was off to the airport!

The flight was good... attempted to sleep but I just was to excited I guess.. :) Arrived in Oakland around 10ish and found Michael waiting for us at the baggage claim. From there, it was off to Melissa's... except for we got MAJORLY lost in Oakland... it was a good portion my fault cause well... I don't know my way around. But finally get there and YAY I'm at Melissa's! PARTY PARTY! and eventually sleep. :)

Friday... finally wake up around noonish. Walk over to the campus where Melissa gives me a tour (oh... and since the next day was CAL day, I was often mistaken for a high school senior! Like Melissa would introuce me to someone and they would look and ask.."OH.. SENIOR?" Riiight.) Meet up and kidnap Kathy for lunch. :) Afterwards, took the bart over to SF to shop shop shop! :) Later ran into Michael and Carlene (who were dancing and jumping up and down on the sidewalk and screaming our names like psychopaths jumping on sidewalks and screaming out names) and did more shopping (go ROSS!) and had dinner at Mel's Dinner where the jukebox did play some of the songs we requested. Some of the other songs though... really... WHO requested them? Eh. Stop by Virgin after that where they had this AWESOME deal on books and Melissa and I went on a scavenger hunt for the bathrooms in that store. *might I mention it ONE incredibly ghetto grafitti-ed bathroom* And since Michael had his car, he drove us back to Berkeley so we wouldn't have to take the bart and walk back! :) YAY!! Back at Melissa's *newly futon-ed* apartment, her roomies both had rented videos and invited some folks... so I got to meet Shawn (hee hee! :) he's really cool!) and Steve and later on Dave. We didn't watch any videos... but DID watch Conan who had the Rock (I'm not one of those girls who thinks he's superly FIONE... but I must admit he was looking pretty caliente that night) and No Doubt.

Saturday: Since Melissa had PCN practice all day Carlene and Michael picked me up and it was off to BEST BUY! :) Actually trip was to Napa! Gosh... it was really pretty over there. We drove around a bit and pulled over at this winery/tourist spot for some pictures next to the orchards and to check out the wine cellars. We had lunch over there at this KICK ASS mexican restaurant where they seriously had the best taco salad in the world. It was actually Carlene's taco salad... I had a chicken mole *or as Michael would say "el pollo coco" that was really good also but that salad was something. ;) Later on we walked off our lunch at the *dum dum dum* OUTLETS for more shopping! :) So yeah, Esprit is going out of business... as they say *one man's titanic is another's love boat* and my ship sailed in with a cute cheap purse and a much needed new wallet. The drive back was long because of traffic... so I knocked out and woke up to find out that we were gonna do more shopping for cheap cds on Telegraph. Picked up some of my stuff back at Melissa's and went over to Kathy's for the night where we popped some popcorn and watched "My Best Friend's Wedding", "Showgirls" (which is SOOOOO hilariously BAD), and the skank hootchies on *Dismissed*.

Sunday: Woke up and watched more MTV and it was back to Berkeley where we got some slurpees. They dropped me off back at Melissa's where I took and shower and we walked to the church for the confirmation. The confirmation was really nice... the bishop was funny and sweet and everything was perfect. :) hehehehe... after Melissa was confirmed, we were mini dancing in the pews and trying to start the wave or something... YAY MELISSA'S CONFIRMED! Like Tita Josie said... she can now get married offically in the Catholic church! WHOOHOO! Lets start planning that wedding! After the mass, drove down to Vallejo for dinner at Claim Jumpers with Tita Josie, Tito Bonnie, Melissa, 4 of her friends, Michael, Carlene and I. :) Hahaha.. Michael is so popular... like everyone knew him! WOWIE! Said goodbye to Melissa and it was off to Michael's where we watched his brother's PCN at Davis and *Serendipity* I didn't get to sleep on He-Man sheets *awwwww* but did sleep in Ben's room with the mylar baloons of the Ghostbusters!

Monday... THATS TODAY! :) The thing about having a 6am flight is that we had to leave the house at 4am... and the thing about leaving the house at 4am is that you have to wake up at 3am. EEEK. Made it to the airport on time... kinda got stopped at security cause of the pair of surgical scissors in my purse that they missed at John Wayne earlier... but finally got on the plane and back home.

stay up and struggle to remain conscious during class.... back home and NAP! :)

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. :) Thank you sooo much Michael for driving EVERYWHERE and thanks so much for letting me sleep there last night... thanks to Kathy for letting me sleep there the other night and making me popcorn and breakfast... and THANKS SO MUCH MELISSA for EVERYTHING!! :) It was such an honor to be asked to be your sponsor and it means so much to me... thanks for taking me around and letting me sleep there and just being the bestest friend ever! *MUAH*

No comments: