Saturday, January 26, 2002

Went to a TV taping of "Grounded for Life" today... it was good. LOOOOONNNG... but entertaining. :) Haven't really watched the show before, but its pretty ok. The audience guy was kinda annoying though... but he was hilarious at times. They had this whole audience participation thingie where he got 5 guys... and made them dance *strip/sexydance/whatever you call it* to THE FULL MONTY... that was GREAT! Too bad I didn't have my camera to capture Armando in action. *yep ladies... he was PICKED!!* heheheheheh... AS for the girls... he picked 2 in the audience to karaoke. Thus, here is my new embarassing moment to add to the montage of horrifying memories....

Well the audience guy asked for girls to volunteer and since I was sitting next to LOUD LUC, he volunteered me. But the audience guy didn't pick me and went with other girls instead. Thats cool I though... until I see their karaoke songs they have to sing. OK.. I'm not going to brag that I'm like ALICIA KEYES or this HOT DAMN DIVA in the making... but I love to sing and yeah... I can carry a tune. SO when they started singing songs I knew that I can perform well, then I was bitter. Unfortunantly God was looking down at me and cursing me... so he sent down a sign... one of the cameras broke in half during the taping so they had extra time for another girl to karaoke. ME. yay.

SO there I was, my friends cheering, it was my moment to "shine"... and then my song is unveiled.. Aretha Franklin's RESPECT. A GOSH DARN FREAKING SONG.... and well.. I choked. It was horrible. Yeah... I was BAD. The key was too high, my throat was all constricted, and I just couldn't save myself. It was as if God came down and bitch slapped my ego. OH well.. what can I do now.. except cower in the corner and cringe everytime I hear that damn song. So much for getting discovered. :)

That ranks up there with me falling off the stage at the House of Delegates at Convention and when Joey Brunasso pointed out my broken bra strap chillingoutside my sleeve in the 8th grade while I had a crush on him. *stop laughing Keri*

Anyways, going on this download craze. :) SO if anyone has any suggestions.. do tell.

No comments: