Monday, January 14, 2002

No DSL... but at least we have a phone line! :) Went to school and came home to find a package for Carlene on the front patio.. ITS HER X BOX! :) Our home is complete...

Sunday, January 13
(2:33pm)
Its cold in this Mo-Fo!! Last night it was freezing and since I left a majority of my old sheets at the apartment... I was pretty screwed. Woke up to my mom's calling of wanting to move motherload dresser and more furniture.. but I slept through it. (it was like 7am!!) So instead of moving the crap, she baked scones.. YAY THE OVEN WORKS!! Breakfast AND THEN hard manual labor. (Where are the strong guys when you need them! Big furniture, stairs, and 3 women don’t mix… unless you’re a super duper buff strong woman who competes on ESPN competitions where you do weird flexi-dance and can break wood with your baby toe)

So now we're taking this "break" cause the original owner came over and my mom is chit chatting a storm. Carlene went slightly insane because she lost the measuring tape and for a while her and Michael were being all “dorky” on MY bed and I started screaming "YOU HAVE YOUR OWN ROOM!" over and over again. Hehehe… its all like how it was when we were younger….

It looks like its going to be a long night because my mom wants to paint her room now too... and lets not forget more unpacking. ACCK! And I have school tomorrow! DOUBLE ACK!!

(11:12pm)
Let me take that back… yay school! Yay break from moving! Yay fresh air!

Michael, Carlene and myself got back from our munchie run… we all look so crappy and speckled with paint. We probably looked like a bunch of bedraggled bums at the Walmart just now. Mom’s room is now green. It’s a light pastel green… it kinda reminds me of mint chip ice cream. But when we add the bed, curtains, etc.. its gonna look like a room out of the Real World. Actually, its Carlene’s goal to make it look like the Real World house. She just finished spongepainting our bathroom and it looks awesome…

Actually today wasn’t too bad… in fact I got to take a little reading break while mom and Carlene were at Home Depot getting more paint… :) I guess its like I’m eager to see and live IN the final results… but its just painstakingly long and tedious to get everything organized and in its place.

Supposed to get DSL tomorrow… :) Can’t wait.. now I can be like one of those crazy folks who keep their compupter on all the time and have their away message on constantly… but I don’t think I could cause EEK!! Electricity bill. Also I’m getting sick of my current MP3 collection… need to get some variety or just some new songs. This has been the only thing I’ve been listening to lately other than the radio and even there it’s the same thing over and over again. If I hear that Usher song one more time.. I think I might just puke.

Saturday, January 12
Since there is no access to the internet here at the moment... I'm just writing on my word and then when I do get it.. I'll just cut and paste. I am convinced that I am a GENUIS! :)

(12:12am)
Home sweet new home… :)

We’re all moved in… as for settled… well not just yet. The whole process started Friday afternoon when Mom, Carlene and I went to Home Depot for paint and painting supplies… OK. This is a warning to all those who enter my room. Its pink. I like it… its happy and kinda sorta bright. But not nauseatingly bright… at least I don’t think so. So on Friday night, myself, Carlene and Michael came here and started painting. We did my room first… which probably wasn’t the greatest of ideas since 1) its our first time painting 2) I have 2 colors 3) we have only semi idea of what we were doing. With all of these factors added up, the result is a somewhat perfect job… true its only in my eyes but these imperfections are really pissing me off. Well we painted Carlene and my room from 10pm to 4am… and let me say that the paint fumes made the whole project a lot more enjoyable.

Saturday… it was something.

In addition to Tito Wilson, Adrian, and Adrian’s friend John helping out, my mom had asked 2 of her co-workers to help… which I might add were male. :) Carlene then joked that these guys were mom’s new boyfriends… and it just got more interesting as we watched these two guys fight for the heavy boxes and moving with such ferocity.

Thank God for UHAUL!

So after loading the major stuff from the apartment and bringing over here, Carlene and I left on this quest to get food, keys, and fixtures to replace the old *and might I say ugly* fixtures on the walls. So back to Home Depot where we were almost lectured by this worker about male and female refridgerator parts and the importance of education. Um.. yeah…

Crazy mom was on a roll… calling for every freakout that she had and every lil reminder that she suddenly remembered. Poor mom… she was just way stressed… but gosh.. calm down and be happy!! We have a new house!! :)

Back home… *heheheheh… its our HOME!* to find Chelle, Melissa, Tita Bambot, and Nick just chilling and helping out. Then Tita Maria comes bringing Joey and Noel to help out as well. And then.. Melissa and Tita Josie… and then Joe and Armando. :) It was like a moving party…

*I need curtains…. Its nice to be able to look out my window as I’m typing… but… still… I feel a bit exposed… and I’m scared that our new neighbors might see me up late and can’t sleep cause my room is too bright and reflecting*

Carlene’s room is all nice and cozy… like it was straight out of a Christopher Lowell episode… mine on the other hand is still lacking the touches of home… my sheets and bedding should be coming in soon… not to mention a new mattress, figuring how to position pictures and do-dads… and I still need to take care of the lighting situation. *ACK!*

But other than that… I’m happy. Tired, sleepy, and high on paint fumes…. But mostly happy.

Afterwards, kick back and relaxed with Joe and Mondo watching MY DOG SKIP. *sobs* Let me just say that it is pretty much written in blood that if those 2 guys ever need help… I’ll so be there. If they say… “hey Nicole.. we need a third person to jump off a bridge with…” I would say “SURE THING!! Let me get my parachute!“ Something about carrying mattresses, desks, and other furniture up the stairs, assembling beds, painting rooms, replacing fixtures, etc makes you really grateful for OH SO STRONG friends. ;) OH even though Joe was singing to me the whole Fantasmic experience as I was trying to get the lights and lets not forget dancing like Michael Jackson as I was painting and Mondo said that my room looks like pepto bismal and made me watch sad sad movie that left me all depressed…still. THANKS!! Well.. really.. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH to everyone who came and helped… you guys are lifesavers!! *muah*

No comments: