Monday, August 23, 2004

Weekend Roundup

Thursday, I said "Bon Voyage" to my dear homie for life, Laura who'll be leaving for jolly ole England this week. I swear, she's gonna come back married to an English sailor, say phrases such as "chop chop" or "care for tea", and wear hats... frilly ones with flowers on the side. But for now, she was wearing normal American clothing as we went movie hopping... a delinquency I haven't done since I was in high school. Well, not completely "bad ass" seeing that one of our movies was "The Princess Diaries 2" which was just a tad bit too cheesy for 2 hoodlums like ourselves. *I liked the first one better*

On Friday, 5pm, Jean and I were fortunante to be able to participate in the last WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE attraction at California Disney EVER... and while you think "woah... that's pretty nerdy of them" really, we were far from it. Apparently we missed the "crazy disney fanatic memo" to wear our disney Millionaire shirts, hats, and pins, and chant the names of the hosts and stage crew like the dozens of folks who... were. At one point, Jean and I figured that there would be no point in us playing with the "fanatics" because they probably knew EVERYTHING! But in a way, their crazy dorky antics were sweet, especially for those disney employees who obviously were having their own last day of "work" at the thing. And although we never made it to the hot seat ourselves nor did we ever get to witness anyone get to a million... we did get to witness a possible love-match for 2 random Canadian teenagers on vacation.

Good luck you crazy kids.

Anyways, the rest of the weekend was pretty family orientated, which was really nice. Saturday was Mom's birthday so that night we went to have a delicious dinner at the gorgeous Mission Inn over in Riverside. Oh Riverside, you never expect to see anything there sometimes, and yet when you come across downtown and the Inn, you realize what a jewel it is and you're actually a bit grateful that it's so far from civilization because that makes it even more special because in a way, it's a little more "yours." Does that make any sense? Well, it does to me. We spent a good portion of the night exploring the hotel, playing "when I get married here", and wishing for a lottery win so that I can spend countless nights just basking in its charming glow. :)

I gush and I gush, but really, it's lovely....as is the Toyko Lobby in vintage San Dimas where we had dinner with Dad earlier tonight. And while I don't have any adjectives at the moment to illustrate how lovely our usual Japanese food spot next to the newly built Albertsons, its lovely in its own way.

No comments: