Monday, August 30, 2004

After hearing so much about my co-worker's boyfriend for the last year, I finally got to meet him this past weekend when he came and helped out at an event. Its funny, since it's just the both of us most of the time at the back of the shop, Sarah and I pretty much talk about EVERYTHING, so when I finally met the infamous Chris, I wanted to pepper him with questions about all the stuff I had heard about him. I was even ready with my greeting of "Hi! I've heard so much about you!"

But, he beat me to it.

Upon meeting him, he shook my hand and replied "Nicole! I've heard so much about you!"

What!? Wait a sec. No no no. I've heard so much about you. YOU!! You don't know nothing about me. You're the boyfriend. I'm just a lowly co-worker who's anal about folding things. I'm no one. I'm boring. What has she been telling you about me??? I hope she isn't talking crap!! I hope you don't think I'm a loser. OH.. everything I said is completely false and I'm a pathological liar...

Unless she said something nice and cool, then those things are true and well, yes, I AM that adorable.

HA!

Anyways, the Olympics are over. Sad. I was getting addicted to it because it was on ALL THE TIME. Hmmm gymnastics on normal NBC, or do I want to watch some sailing action on CNBC? Hot swimmers in speedos... or hot divers in speedos... or somewhat hot short gymnastic guys in unitards.

OH, but its not all about getting hot and bothered about eye candy! Who knew that watching MARATHON RUNNING could be so interesting! You think, "They're running! They'll be doing it for 26 miles." and really, the commentary for it seems asinine. Really, Brazil is in the lead. Gee, I couldn't tell because that's all you've been saying for the past 2 hours. BUT even before the crazy Irish priest came and attacked Brazil, it was so interesting. They're RUNNING. And running. AND running. I can't run. My shoes aren't meant for running. But its interesting for some odd reason and we sat there for a good hour watching them run. Its not like I can sit back at the gym and watch someone do their thing on a treadmill, because that isn't interesting. Even if they were to do it for 2 hours.

Actually that would be sorta gross to be running a marathon on a treadmill at the gym for 2 hours because imagine how sweaty that person would be. Just dripping about on the equipment. And then imagine watching the people's reaction around him if he started shaking his head a lot, whipping that sweat about, AND if he were really stinky...

I'd totally watch that.

No comments: