Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Hot diggity dog!! It took me 3 years and 9 months, but this is my 1000th post!

I can hear the chanting of "NERD" in the backround... like in that final scene of "Revenge of the Nerds" when the giant crowd of dork, dweebs, and geeks chanted "NERD" around the bonfire. It was empowering... in a dorky kind of way.

Still... this is pretty exciting.

Sorta. :)

Anyways...

The other day while I was at the Nordstrom Rack, I was in the dressing room and surrounded by a group tweens in my neighboring cubicals. Oh what a delightful conversation I got to overhear...

"Oh my gosh... this is so cute."
"Oh yeah! That is so cute!"
"I'm sooo going to get this."
"Oh yeah... you should. What do you think of this skirt?"
"That is so cute!"
"That top is nice too..."
"Oh I know, but I think I need a bra for it?" *giggles*
*serious* "What do you need it for?!?"

Oh to be 12 again. Actually, I wouldn't. 12 sucked. And if I were the girl who just got moted by her friend in the dressing room, I'd start to cry because although I did look cute in skirt (totally!), she didn't think I was "booby" enough for a bra... and lord knows how important "first bras" are to girly girls. I was *this* close to swinging the curtain open and teaching the poor chestless girl some "I must I must I must increase my bust" moves... followed by "for fear for fear the boys will think I'm queer" because lord knows they worked for me. Or was it the bananas? I remember Jenny Reyes telling me that eating bananas helped your boobs grow...

Remember the days when you stuffed your bra with tissues and you were conviced that that extra layer of fluff really did something for your chest... when really it just matted down into nothing... and yet you felt "chesty" and grownup because that was what all the girls did... or so you thought.

Yeah... at 12, you weren't very smart.

You aren't smarter at 24, maybe a bit brighter... but at least you can fill out a bra.