Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Last week, I caught glimpses of "THE SOUND OF MUSIC", "SISTER ACT" and "THE SINGING NUN" on TV. Different channels. Random times. But all in the same day.

One would think that it were her calling. And for a moment, I thought it was a sign. I mean, what are the odds really? A day full of musical nun movies? And here I am, looking for jobs, unsure about my future... could this mean that I should look in a different direction?

But then I realized that at the end of each movie, the main "nun" ended up leaving the order to persure their dream.. well with the exception of Debbie Renyolds who stayed a nun, gave up the singing and went to Africa on a mission... but she did have her contemplative moments of leaving, running off with a suitor, and touring the world as a folk christian singer... which I think would still be pleasing to her needs and beliefs. But in the other movies, Julie Andrews left to marry Captain Vontrap and well Whoopi wasn't really one in the first place.

Hmmm... something to think about.

No comments: