Monday, August 09, 2004

"INTERN!!
Yes?
Look alive. Look alive."

Yesterday, we went to Universal Studios to play tourist and ride the brand new Mummy ride. For a moment on the ride, I thought to myself "Oh my gosh, MOM is going to DIE on this" but luckily for her, it wasn't too long and she didn't throw up... while the rest of us cried "THATS IT!?!"

Yeah... the ride was nice... just short... and not quite as fufilling as you'd think it would be if you were waiting 55 minutes for it. But if I had a quarter for everytime I heard "Imhotep" in a creepy whispering voice while in line... I would be a BAJILLIONAIRE!!

That night as we were leaving the Citywalk, I waved bye to Carlene and Sonny, only to turn and smack right into a pole. My head hit the cardboard sign on it, which then slammed into the ground... and I stood there EMBARRASSED because not only was it crowded... it was filled with overly trendy teens who just got out of the TEEN CHOICE AWARDS. So I just put my hands over my face and wished myself to be invisible. Because if I couldn't see them... they couldn't see me. Or my mom next to me shaking her head in disappointment and telling me to pretend it never happened..

Why is it that anything embarrassing in front of huge gangs of "really really cool" teenagers is 10 times worse than it really is? It's probably because I know that when I was that age and I saw someone do something of the sort, I'd laugh my ass off and tell all my friends about it... and we'd all laugh about it and eventually turn into a dance move that will make us all laugh at dances. And there it was, your greatest embarrassment, nicely choreographed to music.

Long live the "wash your stinky hair" move.

Anyways, life have been ok. I got my car back last last week and the AC now works. It also passed its smog test and I felt like a proud parent of a child who always gives you trouble, constantly inches by just barely to survive, and yet you can't help but love it because it has so much personality. Not to mention, some hundred thousand miles that reminds you that for all the crap it puts you through, it still gets the job done.... without being a gas guzzler. Thank you for that at least VW!!