Monday, May 26, 2003

Whooo! What a weekend!

Hmmm.. ok... where to start...

Saturday night was Joe's PCN. :) I had to rush over there because Joe probably called me several million times to remind me to get there early because he was in the first act. I was there and Joe was really good dancing *duh* and acting. He was playing a filipino father... and at one point, he got "angry" which is always fun to watch because he never gets angry in real life. (well..not ANGRY ANGRY)


Look! Joe's dancing... Its blurry, but really... he's dancing.


If you couldn't tell it was him... you just had to read his butt...


Its not a PCN without the half naked boys with spears...


Where's Joe??


This is what Pilipino Cultural Night is all about... spreading and teaching the Filipino Culture to um.. these guys...


Joseph Regala Groupie #1


Afterwards, although Petey was craving some major filipino food (talk about a nice plug for "Salo Salo" which kept being mentioned in the PCN for its adobo), we went over to The Hat instead since it was closer and still open.

"Buzzzz... is it dead?"

No. Listen

Sunday morning... I fly to Oakland to attend Melissa's Pil-grad ceremony. :) Oh my goodness, while on the plane... the man next to me decided he wanted to read a magazine... so what does he pull out? PLAYBOY OH MY GOODNESS!! Luckily, he wasn't sitting right next to me... I had the window seat, he had the aisle seat and there was no one in the middle... but still. It was pretty horrifying... I just cozied up to my window and tried very hard to fall asleep.

Finally I arrive and I get picked up my Kathy! :) YAAAAAAAYYY!! She drops me off at Mel's big yellow house... but Mel isn't there! :( So I sit on the stoop for a bit, chit chatting with the birds and Beth (on the phone) until I see Melissa walking to me all dressed up in her old school SL senior sweatshirt! YAAY! Later on, her parents came and pick us up and it was off to the graduation...


Originally, we were sitting far away... but Ralph asked and we ended up right up front... kinda sorta in the same row a bit. Mel's looking a bit freaked...

Pil-grad was really really nice... and not as long as I thought it would be. ;) Each of the graduates, when announced, got to say something... and so there were a whole lot of tears as you can imagine. There were a whole lot of laughs too... It was great because after 5 years of hearing Mel talk about her friends... I was finally about to put faces to the names I had heard. I also FINALLY got to meet Des and Ralph... :)


Mel's saying her speech.


She's about to cry... but YAY! She's done!


Self-portrait


Me and Melissa... I'm her ninang! And she's gonna be my kids' ninang...


Melissa and Ralphie-poo.


After the picture was taken.. Melissa was serenaded by a drunk homeless man in the parking garage. Interesting.

I'm sooooo proud of her. :) SO SO SO SO SO SO PROUD!!

After having dinner with the family, Mel, Ralph, and I hitched a ride with Paul and Valerie over to Gradbash in SF. We parked next to this (what I'm assuming was) gay club called CHAPS. No wait.. it was called STUDS. (I knew it had some kind of cowboy reference.)

Anyways, the club gradbash was at was hella small and since there was soooo many people... it got HOT. So hot, that at one point, my GLASSES FOGGED UP. (Eww huh.) Oh wells, danced and drank and got to see some guy take off his shirt. Not too shabby huh. :)

Monday... woke up and went to have lunch with Mel and her friend Jill. Then it was off to the campus to sell some books... and then we went to Mondo Gelato. :) I think the devil makes that ice cream because my scoop of kiwi tasted just like the real thing... seeds and scratchy throat and all. Amazingly good. :)

We then walked back to the yellow house and napped... and packed... and then it was off to dinner again with Auntie and Uncle over at Marketplace where Ralph joined us (YES!! I'M FILIPINO DORK!! I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU!) and then it was off to the airport... onto a plane (no more Playboy reading guys sitting next to me) and now I'm home. :) YAY!

Well.. except I have 2 finals on Wednesday. BOO! But then... I'll be done too afterwards. YAY!

No comments: