Thursday, May 22, 2003

SWEET GLORIOUS ELECTRICTIY!!

Oh my goodness... what a day!

So, I had gotten home from school around 7ish and usually, when I get home, I'd press the garage door remote button in my car, and the door would open for me. But today, I clicked... and it didn't open.

*click click click*

*not open not open not open*

I figured that the battery inside the opener was dead. No fretting just yet. There's always the front door.

Unfortunantly, the dead bolt on the door prevented me from entering the house. I was OFFICALLY LOCKED OUT. :(

"Oh curses... What was I to do!!" Well, I wasn't going to be defeated just yet. I'm crafty and "cunning"... I'm sure I can figure something out. So I went around the house and proceeded to "break into the kitchen window." By "break in" I meant taking off the screen and pushing really hard on the window, praying that it would budge. But it didn't.

As I was "breaking in", my neighbor was watching me from over the fence and asked "so... you're having a black out too?"

Ahhhh.. so that was the reason why the garage wasn't opening. THE ELECTRICITY WAS OUT!

After camping out in my backyard about 15 minutes, my mom and Carlene finally arrived home from shopping. I told them that the electricity was out.. and after some investigation (chatting with other neighbors), turns out that the entire block is out, it had been down already for 2 hours, and an additional 2 hours was going to be the minimum to get it back up and running! Argh! Since we were all hungry, and I was in dire need of a bathroom break, we went out to dinner.

2 hours later... the street is completely black. No power yet. No power means we're still stuck outside. Now we're just getting ansy... especially mom since she didn't go to the restroom while at the restaurant. So there we are... sitting in the car. THE AMERICAN IDOL FINALE is on and I'm in the dark. Literally. (Actually, not for long. Carlene called Sonny who found out in his Canadian time that Ruben won.) My neighbor Tina comes by and tells us that one of the women down the street works for Edison, and apparently we won't be getting power till MIDNIGHT, the earliest. Since she feels bad that we may be spending the night in the car (I claimed backseat!), she sent her husband over to see if maybe he can help us get the garage open. We all figure that theres no way to get the garage open... but theres a possibility that my window is open since I've been keeping it open to air out my sickgerms. So he gets his ladder, climbs up to the window, and SUCCESSFULLY "breaks into" my bedroom.

*gasp* Please excuse my messy room!!

Anyways, so finally we're inside the house. YAAAAY!! Its dark and its hot... it actually felt way nicer to be outside, but hey, I'm not gonna complain.


"oooooOo... its dark."


Luckily, I remember that Uncle Sonny gave us several boxes of those Jesus Candles... actually they're NOT Jesus candles... they're some kind of wack mock spiritual candles that my Uncle thinks are funny.. They have titles such as "Abudant True Love," "Protection from Telemarketers," or "Our Lady of Trailer Park". Yeah. Weird. But they're lifesavers.




I'm writing by the candlelight. How primitive... or romantic.
I just need a half blind Mr. Rodchester to cry out my name while banging his head against a tree in the rain. :)


Actually, the white candle is an actual Jesus candle I keep in my room. Specifically, its the Guardian Angel candle. I think I got it from the OCC banquet last year. ;)

Anyways, spent the rest of the night talking on the cellie (see it could have been worse!) as well as doing some writing and reading via candlelight. Thankfully, the electricty finally came back on after midnight so I don't think I did too much damage on my eyes.

What a crazy day...

OH! If anyone out there TAPED the American Idol finale... do tell and share. ;) I'll give you a candle...

No comments: