Saturday, May 10, 2003

I woke up a while ago from a nap... I had a nightmare about having to make giant rose centerpieces and not having enough time to finish before the wedding. Thank goodness it was only a dream...

Anyways, in addition to Mother's Day, I shall dub this weekend as "Bring Your Sister to Work" day(s). That's how it was these past few days (and tomorrow) since we've have 2 BIG weddings and my boss is calling in all the reinforcements. In addition to Carlene, my bosses brought in their own sisters and various family for help. OH. And theres a new guy who's helping too. ;)

When Brandi asked me what kind of guy I wanted her to look out for... I didn't think she'd take me literally.

Just kidding about that. ;) But the new guy is HANDSOME. (note that: not cute... HANDSOME.)

Enough about handsome Brian. May Wedding Madness is ON and I shall have no life until the end of the month. Currently my hands are in dire need of mositurizing... and my left thumb is slowly regaining feeling after being stabbed repeatly from thorns from this past week. Thursday, I spent 8 hours in the shop listening to nothing but CLASSIC ROCK. I can sing Guns N Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" now. "sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na knees... knees."

My whole nightmare about the roses wasn't far from the truth. The centerpieces today required 75 long stemmed roses in just one. Let me tell you, if that centerpiece were to fall over, someone is going to die a very painful but heavently scented death.

Ok. Not DIE. Maybe a recieve a mild concussion and many many many scratches. I still wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Oh but of course, everything turned out well and very beautiful. :) And deep down, even though I complain... I really do like my job. :) "Flowers are pretty."

Anyways... GO LAKERS! Big thanks to the old guy who bought us drinks yesterday night. ;)

No comments: