Monday, October 21, 2002

:)) soooo.. like I said before Crazy Kompetition for Infants South was pretty successful. :) We raised just over $1000 and I think everyone had a good time... so a great big YAY!!

Ok wait.. let me start about my "weekend" and then I'll get to that...

Saturday was excruciatingly long. 3 weddings!! ARGH! Anaheim, Garden Groove, and Whitter... so at least they were all somewhat close to my vincinity and to each other. Afterwards, rushed home and got ready for the Magic Kingdom new member orientation. Dropped by Albertsons for dessert and then went to Steph's. (I also had Elvis!? with me... it was his FIRST CKI event! YAAY!) Oh my gosh... Janelle carved us a pumkin that said CSUF CKI!? on it... it was soo cute!! Janelle gots skills! :) Kicked it there for a while, met some new people, had some bbq... and then it was off to the airport to pick up Alice and Tracy. Went to Walmart to get some last minute items, and then to Blockbuster to rent "Monty Python"... Petey came over and I put them to work cutting lilypads and strips and strips and strips of blindfolds... as well as thinking of animals who make noise. Since I probably would need Petey's assistance at 9am the next morning, he spent the night and we all watched the end of "Beauty and the Beast."

OK... NOW.

Woke up early on Sunday morning, got ready, packed my supplies (where I discovered that my family had been eating the eggs, and some of the ones that were still there... were actually cracked) and drove on over to the park. Set up what we could... and then soon enough, clubs started coming. Registration was a bit hectic... but isn't it always like that?

At 11:10.. the games started.
Some highlights:
-6 legged races... oh my goodness... who know that it would actually work. A big bias yay for my home club for coming in 3rd there... :)
-Everyone slowly rolling eggs with their noses... people going CRAZY eating their oranges...one of the csuf members just bit into it.. peel and all.
-Standing in the middle of the field, while 80 people blindfolded and making an animal noises and trying to find their fellow animals. I swear.. it was a jungle!!
-Watching UCSD give up on crawling and instead "rolling" in their garbage bags for the Caterpillar relay
-Mikie getting a diaper on the stuff animal blindfolded... and Mondo first diapering the animal's head.
-Poor ECC during the mummy wrap... they totally had a great technique. Someone was lightly holding the roll of tolietpaper and just unraveling it there... unfortunantly, they let go of it and sangeeta was blindfolded, on her knees looking for it... while it was hanging from someone's arm.
-UCR's Petey and 4 girls taking a lead again OCC's 5 guys during the tug-o-war.. but then OCC won. During those moments when OCC was being dragged.. I swear you could hear everyone cry "OH SHIT!!!"
-During lunch, due to a picnic area mixup... we asked everyone to eat on the field. About 20 minutes into it... the sprinklers went off.

:) SO yeah, the event was pretty great... even with all the weird stuff happening. We made money for a good cause and we had a lot of fun (hopefully). So... great big THANK YOUS to Carrie, Petey, Tracy, Alice, Mondo, Stephanie, Kristen, and Anthony for being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful and great and just overall "awesome." I totally all owe you one...

Anyways, today is my Dad's birthday... so.. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: