Saturday, October 05, 2002

Long day... classes early this morning, and then drove on over to Irvine to decorate a wedding at 11am. This one I had my doubts about when I first got there because it at this park behind the Wild Rivers amusement park. Supposedly this park used to be a zoo of some sort and the reception area used to be where the restaurant was. SO I guess it had this whole "nature/jungle vibe" to it. While I was decorating the railing on this bridge that was over some sort of moat around the building, I noticed a raccoon watching me. It had really bright and big TEETH. Uh huh... freaky. So I ran inside and hid out there because Brandi was telling me about how racoons had evil dispositions and were one of those rodents that you didn't want t mess with.

Brandi: If that racoon come back just call for me. I'll just flail my arms about... I don't know if that will do anything, but I'll come to your rescue. Just think... he's not going to attack me... he's just smiling.

But the racoon came again... this time jumped on the bridge, walked over it, and crawled in between the fence to go inside Wild Rivers. Maybe he just wanted to ride some waterslides??

Anyways, the reception area came out really really pretty with all the chiffon falling from the ceiling and tons of twinlke lights. OHHHH and my whole bridge area was just too cute because the bride really likes butterflies, and so I got to put all sorts of butterflies on my railing of ivy and twinklelights. Too cute. *take notes* On the bleh side, I was there til 5pm. I got home around 6:45pm... and then left the house around 7:10pm to meet up with Kristen for KARAOKE NIGHT! But oh wells.. it was all worth it.

Karaoke night was so much fun! :) Over very first social! :) So it was OCC and CSUF singing at Elvis!? (yeah the place was called Elvis!? with the exclamation point and the question mark. A lot of smart comments made about this) Kristen (GO MISS KEYES!), Mikie, and I pretty much went crazy with the microphone and the book-o-music. I got to sing Astrid Gilberto's version of "The Girl from Impanema" and Mikie and Kristen were going Frank Sinatra happy. :) It looks like this might become a monthy thing because there were soo many songs and not enough time or vocal strength. ;) YAAY!! Keeping in tradition, afterwards, Kristen, Stephanie, Ryan, Mikie, Janelle, her cousin Irene and myself went out to eat at Alcatraz over at the Block. It was just a really good time because we were all getting to know each other (you're filipino!!?) and just fooling around... and watched Mikie add to collection of stolen glasses. Everyone was happy and everyone was getting along and yeah... :) *good times*

No comments: