Sunday, October 06, 2002

Oh lordy... last night... work... argh.

I'll get into that later...

Yesterday was pretty great because it was Queen of the Valley Nurses and their Daughters conquer the Ahmanson theater day.... well not really. Mom, Carlene, and myself went with a bunch of mom's coworkers (some who also brought their daughters) to go watch MAMMA MIA at the Music Center. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! :) Ever since I watched "Muriel's Wedding" and discovered my mom's ABBA cd back in my freshman year in high school, I have LOVED ABBA. Carlene would always make fun of me or tell me not to blast that damn ABBA music from my room... or even when ATeens came out with their ABBA songs, she would roll her eyes when their songs would play on winamp. So you can imagine how much I loved this musical since all their songs are ABBA songs. :) oOoOoOoooOOO Yeah, it was totally adorable and fun because everyone already knew the lyrics to the songs so when you'd hear the first few lines of the song, everyone would gasp or smile in recognition and just be amazed on how they interpreted it just for the musical. "Take a Chance on Me" turned into a comedy... and "Lay All Your Love On Me" was this love duet... and like how they used "S.O.S." and "One of Us" was just really really cool... and "Gimmie Gimme Gimme," "Winner Takes All," and of course "Mamma Mia" heheheh.. yeah... they played all good songs (cept for they didn't play "Fernando" or "Waterloo"... but I can figure that the lyrics wouldn't go with it.. oh wells.) And one very big plus... half naked cute guys dancing. ;) In the end of the show, after all the bowing, the cast just danced and dressed up like ABBA (very unflattering and ugly outfits made out of spandex in bright colors with fringe. woah.) and everyone in the audience was dancing and singing along in their seats to MAMMA MIA, DANCING QUEEN, annnnd WATERLOO. It totally put a smile on everyone's face.

Afterwards, I was supposed to go to Mark's 21st bday and Sheena's debut, but decided not to due to the fact that I had to WORK!! :( It was a big wedding weekend and I was needed to help take down in Pasadena at midnight. While I was waiting at home for the time to go, I talk to Joe online and he convinces me to go to LA so that we can go to PINKS before I head to Pasadena. Suuuure.. I had 3 hours to kill. So I drive to Joe's and we go to PINK but the line looks like its WAY over 30 minutes long so instead we drive around and go to ASTRO's.

*driving*
Joe: Have you ever gone the wrong way on a one way street? I have. Twice.

So its almost 11:20 and I have to get to the hotel... Joe's curious as to see what I do and how everything looks so he comes along with me to the Hilton. Brandi told me that the wedding would be done at midnight... but the sign outside the ballroom says 1am. ARGH. So we chill and wait it out until everyone leaves and then start getting to work taking everything down. By then the left over guests are pretty much wasted, including the bride. Actually, the bridge forgot to throw her bouquet and do the whole garter thing, so while we're taking down, the remanining guests and bridal party throw the bouquet and the garter. :) It was kinda funny because they were calling for all the leftover single people to go over to the dancefloor and there I am with unraveling twinkle lights from a pillar thinking "hmmmmm... I'm single!! Let me at it!" but I didn't go for fear of catching it, being in the wedding pictures and people asking "who's this chick?" to the bride and she'll have to respond "Oh.. I dunno. One of the wedding decorators?" That would be a weird pricess moment... Anyways a lot of hauling colums and moving things and just being strong chick overall... we finish around 2am. Take Joe back home, and I get home myself around 3am-ish. TIIIRED. Yeah... remind me next time to avoid doing "take downs" at all cost. Bleh.

No comments: