Thursday, April 19, 2001

Yesterday was one of those exciting spontaneous days. =) Started off by going to school and helping out at our recruitment table. It was fun... BUT hella intimidating. The thing with tabling and trying to pass out fliers is that we're setting ourselves up for rejection. Keri and I had this goal of finding cute guys to join the club... but 1) cute guys were sparse and 2) once we didn find some.. we didn't talk to them cause helllloooo... cute guy and fear of rejection. So we kinda slowly approched him and handed them a flier without trying to look TOO EAGER. Oh well, can't say we didn't try.

Carrie, Beth, and Mike came down to help out and afterwards went down to Fashion Island for some lunch. Since that shopping center is REALLY REALLY ritzy, Beth and I adopted the names Buffy and Muffy and talked about our make believe chateaus in France to make ourselves worthy of shopping there. Mike and Carrie probably thought we were psychospaths for chatting about "how hard it is to find good help these days"... oh well... it was fun! I completely fell in love with the puppies at the pet store (soooooooo adorable) I wanted to take one home with me, but you can't get one for $30 and the cute thing was too big to fit into my purse. Beth wanted a bunny and proceeded to walk out of the store twitching her nose like one and acting bunny-like. Once again, Carrie and Mike slowed their pace and pretended to not know us. =P

Later, on a whim, we decided to go to Balboa Island for some ice cream and just to kick it at the beach. Then we took the ferry over to Newport Beach and played skeeball. (I SWEAR ITS ADDICTING!) Got some cheesy prizes (jumping plastic frogs) as momentos of our outting.

We resisted the temptation to get tatoos (maybe next time?) and came back to CSUF cause Mike had to go back and study for his midterms (eek!). So now its Beth, Carrie, and I left. Drove over to TGIF for some din din and stopped by a cruddy Marshalls (didnt need to buy anything though cause we're going to the outlets tomorrow! whoo!). Dinner was fun and we realized the irony of EVERTHING!! =) Afterwards we went to see "Josie and the Pussycats" which Carrie didn't like but Beth and I thought was cute. I was just enthralled with the ad placements... it was really clever!

Came home and slept.

Now I'm at work and I haven't messed up any accounts so far today!!! =) YAY!! (but I still have 20 mins here... *cross fingers!*) Things are slow, so I'm here at the geekbox blogging. =)

as usual...
1) I'm grateful for good parking yesterday and today. =)
2) I'm grateful that I finally got ball in the lil hole toy thingie at the discovery store... I swear.. I was a dork there NOT being able to get it. But.. YAY! I did!
3) I'm grateful for "good times" =) *If you're happy and you know it...*


No comments: