Thursday, April 12, 2001

My mom gave me 3 lil words of advice on the topic of men yesterday.
“Don’t be picky.”

But that doesn’t mean I’m going to run off with the first guy who has a penis and opposable thumbs. If that were the case, I’d be off ice skating with any perverted creep.

I guess I’m just waiting for the right guy to come along… someone who can accept all my strange quirks and characteristics and say “How cute she is…. I wanna spend the rest of my life with her!” A guy who can get along with my family and friends and who won’t mind my gassy dog. Someone who’s just as sarcastic as I am, spontaneous, smart, funny, optimistic, romantic… has no horns or wandering eyes… can assemble IKEA furniture with ease… just someone who, the moment he walks into a room… life will just seem brighter. (ok.. I know you all wanna do it… so… “AWWWWWWW!)

Ok.. enough of this sap. =)

I’ve been working the window at work lately and I’m really getting the hang of it. =) My advisor is really cool and isn’t as formidable as she was during my first weeks. She’s really sweet and down to earth. The other girls I work with are super nice, but they mainly talk to each other about theater stuff… so I’m the quiet one. (Weird, I’m the “quiet one”… kinda like 8th grade all over again.) Overall, I’m enjoying it!

Yesterday, I went to my CKI meeting. This was my second meeting as a regular member and it feels weird not running it. I’ve been doing it for what… 2 years now?? So its like letting my baby go off into the world. =) So far Bryan, Lamar, Fat, and Stephanie are going a GREAT job and I’m really excited for this upcoming year. Joe, Salamanca-Salamanca, and Javier came to the meeting also, and afterwards we went over to Baja Fresh for lunch. Joe was sorely disappointed that his “Burrito Ultimo” wasn’t as ultimate as he thought, because when Mike came out with his “Dos Manos”, the “Ultimo” was put to shame. =) It was pretty hilarious. Also, Mike kept on asking how my “friend” was and I told him that my “friend” was fine. =P

They dropped my back at school where I finished my homework, and I went to class. I met up with my “friend” Carrie for dinner and boba where we chatted for a while because service was so bad and it just took a LOOONG time to actually get our check. But it was all good, she was telling be about her *ahem* Saturday night… sounded like fun Carrie! =)

My grateful list:
1) I’m grateful for the titan shuttle driver. Every morning, he’s the happiest guy and will actually STOP and WAIT for me as I flail my arms while running through the parking lot. =)
2) I’m grateful for Frankie and his homies for playing hip hop in the quad every Thursdays. I can hear the music when I have the window open at work, and if I squint, I can see folks dancing. It bring some sort of excitement in the oh so quiet box office.
3) I’m grateful for friends who believe in me.

No comments: