Friday, April 13, 2001

Today was a beautiful day! It was bright and sunny, and everyone was oh so happy!! =) When I took my break, I seriously could smell the flowers outside. Work was laid back, my supervisor brought in her waffle iron and mixed us up a batch of strawberries and waffles!! It was delicious... I thought that when she told me that she was going to bring waffles on friday, she'd bring a box of eggos and a toster. But to actually make it from scratch!!?!? Wowie.... =)

To add to my happy day, I got off of work early (YAY) and then took baby to get a car wash (DOUBLE YAY!) It was getting pretty dirty... Carlene said that it didn't even look black anymore, more like an shady gray. But now its all clean and has that new car scent thanks to the spiffy air freshner at the car wash.

Now, I'm just waiting for Carlene to come home.. and then Mom, Carlene, and I are going to watch BRIDGET JONES!! (TRIPLE YAY!) I swear, I've been waiting for this movie to come out for the longest time. If you haven't read the book yet.. you really really should! Even guys... its hilarious.... I'd lend my own copy out, but my sister hasn't finished it yet. =( But still... gooooo read... or watch the movie..... its has Colin Firth!!

Since I probably won't be able to blog until after Easter... HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! =) Also, instead of writing my usual grateful things.... here are lyrics to an inspiring song that I feel is appropraite for the holiday. Its from Jaci Valascuez, who is a really awesome Christian singer and its one of my favorite songs from her. =)

Flower in the Rain

You are the One; there's no one else
Who lifts me up
And gives me water from the well
But there's a hole
That seems to drain it all away
And once again I'm left in fear and doubt
When all my strength is crying out

So here I am again
Willing to be opened up and broken like a flower in the rain
Tell me what have I to do
To die and then be raised
To reach beyond the pain
Like a flower in the rain

The evil wind, it blows a storm
To rock my world
Just when I think I'm safe and warm
I'm led astray far too easily
It's always hard for me to say I'm wrong
Until I know I can't go on

Lord, You have searched me
And know when I sleep and when I rise
You're familiar with all my ways
Even the darkness will shine
Like the day
When you look into my heart


*muah*

No comments: