Monday, April 30, 2001

STC went pretty well... at least I think so. =) And to think I was stressing out over it...

It all started Friday afternoon... I met up with Carrie at SMART AND FINAL to go grocery shopping for STC.... it only took about 30 mins and afterward came home to drop the giant bags of salad in my fridge. Then we went to the ghetto WALMART to buy some candy for our workshops and some other girly stuff. We later then met up with Beth for dinner at Chilis and came back to my place to finish any last minute things we had to do. Joe and Mike came over to help/kick it... and around 2am.. Beth and I start to freak out... SOOOO we decide to take Joe and go to the 24 hour Walmart (non ghetto) were we pretty much find everything we need (including a $5 trashcan for the sodas!!) We get back around just in time for PIc to arrive and a lil nap before leaving to go to CSUF.

Wake up, take a shower, and turn into mini dictator to make sure we get to school on time. Get to school, put up signs, prepare, prepare, freak out, blow my nose, cough, consume cough drops, and sit at the table and welcome latecomers as opening session starts. 11pm rolls around and Jean and I drive over to the Pizza Hut to pick up the food (had the HARDEST time finding the place.... I swear!! I thought I was going crazy and there was no such thing as a Pizza Hut on Commonwealth... we had to call the place SEVERAL times to finally get it right. ) Steal a bunch of cheese and peppers (which no one ate.. but oh well) and then come back to school were i get to drive onto campus and pull up right next to McCarthy Hall (which is REALLY freaky... hellllooooo.. I'm driving on the sidewalk!) and everyone eats!! (YAY!!)

Clean up and shove anything thats left into the $5 trash can, which I dragged into the building with me. I had my workshop which was really fun despite not having as many people as I thought show up and learned some new games as well as taught them. I'm just really proud that I got my people in my workshop to kiss each other (hehehehe... it was AWESOME!!) because it was that ice breaker that I was afraid that no one would get into. But YAY!! It worked!!

Anyhoo, Carrie, Beth, Pic, and Manny came over after the whole thing and we all pretty much crashed. Poor Ryan came over to kick it, but everyone was so out that we didn't hear him knocking or ringing the doorbell. We finally wake up (well Pic, Beth, Manny and I) and play 10 fingers cause I dunno... we just did. We were bored??

My mom got back this morning from her ROAD RULES with her homies. One of her college frieinds bought a Winnabago and they drove off to Havasu for the weekend... None of the kids went this time and I bet they probably had more fun this time. =) When I called my mom just to check up on her, she was happily bragging that she was learning how to JET SKI. =D hehehehhe.. shes too cool.

the LIST!
1) I'm grateful for everyone who helped out this weekend... Christina for helping get the tables and telling me that driving my car on the sidewalk was ok; Jean for coming with me get the Pizza and finding the place; Beth for her last minute realization "LETS GO TO WALMART",and buying ice; Carrie and Mike for making sure I'm sane and for helping out with the signs and everyone else who just supported me... THANK YOU!! =) *muah*
2) I'm grateful that I was able to get the apartment clean before my mom got back....
3) I'm grateful for Carrie for giving me that DAY QUIL!!! YAY!!! Its working!!

No comments: