Tuesday, April 17, 2001

Ok. Nicole has a new favorite movie to add to "Singing in the Rain," "Indiana Jones, and the Temple of Doom", and pretty much every Mel Brooks movie out there. Bridget Jones was AWESOME!! Mr. Darcy, you have captured my heart again. *sigh*

Sunday morning, met up with Bryan and Stephanie for the Brea Kiwanis Easter Egg hunt. Yes, it was extremely early (6 am!) but hey… free krispy kremes and coffee! Kiwanis was really smart for their hunt because they used plastic eggs AND they had us litter the field with a blanket of candy. It looked like a battlescene from Braveheart. Children lined the edge of the park with this bloodthirsty need for sugar in their eyes. And suddenly they were off - with parents cheering and telling them were to get the eggs. Once the park was clean, the kids lined up to receive their chocolate bunnies. It was my duty to stamp their hands and I swear, 6 out of every 10 would viciously rub their nose or something and then give me their hand to stamp. EWWWWWW… but still, they were all adorable.

That afternoon, mom and I went to the mall because mom was on this mission to find he perfect white cardigan. Ok, so we came home with a crepe pan, crepe mix, shoes, and a beige cardigan, but the white one was discovered eventually before we left. Got home in time to find Pic and Carrie getting ready for the UCR banquet. (my sister let them in…=D) Got to chat with them a good… 30 mins or so before they left.

Carrie came back later that night and we went over to Downtown Disney to go salsa clubbing, but Joe was hungry, so we went to Rainforest instead with his friend Jen from Washington and Salamanca and pals. It was cool just hanging out in that oh so wicked jungle atmosphere. Our waitor was something though… really weird. He screamed "YOU NEED KETCHUP" at me when he saw my naked french fries…. And he gave Joe this really look for dancing like Michael Jackson in the restaurant. Oh well… Everyone was tuckered out so there was no salsa-ing. Maybe next time??

Sunday morning, was 10 minutes late for mass and severely punished. We had to park over in the boonies of the school next to St Paul's and had to stand waaaaaaay in the sardine packed front corridor of the church. We slowly inched our way up and now are standing next to the holy water fountain. Carrie (who my mom adopted for the weekend) is trying to turn off her cellie when I hear a "clang clang clang SPLASH" and a "gasp" from the folks surrounding us. Carrie's phone has been baptized and shes on the ground fishing it out. Poor thing… at least its blessed now. =) There was this cutest lil girl (probably around 2) who just went up to a lil boy her age and kissed him. It was soo cute and innocent… but I bet her family will never let her forget about it. "Remember that Easter when you started macking down with that strange boy in church?" It will be an embarrassing moment that will probably live in infamy even if she doesn’t remember.

Tita Bambot, Chelle, and Melissa came over for lunch and eventually Joe, whom is probably just using our friendship to get to my mom's cooking. Ok, just gotta say that I've been living in Pomona for 4 months now and he's been over many times, but silly Joe went over to my old place in Chino Hills….he's a dork. =) Anyhoo, back to Easter, we veged in front of the telly and basically quoted lines from movies the whole day. Suprisingly enough, we didn’t bust out with the karaoke!! =)

Later that evening went over to my dad's… but traffic was crappy and I had a midterm on Monday, so I really didn’t stay long. Got to see some of the cousins for a moment and then came home to hit the books.

Test was CAKE. =)

I am grateful for…
1) A really good Easter. I don't think I've had a EXTREMELY HAPPY EASTER for the past years. And this was just really great… it was special. =)
2) Knowing my stuff for my midterm. =) Also, for the guy who lent me a pencil…
3) For finding my car…. I totally lost it yesterday and was wandering the parking lot for 30 mins!!

No comments: