Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Love me love me... Say that you love me.

It was a long day today and once again... the bed is beckoning. But I'm defying it and staying up a little bit more and enjoying some cider. Sweet delicious cider... you're just like apple juice. Just warmer.

When I got home just now, I found a Christmas card on the table addressed to me. Oooey gooey goodness filled my heart and I teared into the envelope. It was from Philly. Phil is probaby one of those people whom I can honesty say is kindred spirit and whom I completely love. :) But seeing the card made me miss him even more so than ever... its funny because when someone is out of your life you don't really think about them except for the occasional few moments where you think "Oh... ____ would really enjoy that" or "I totally remember that one time and we just laughed and laughed" but when you hear from them, you realize how much you DO miss them and how perhaps you took those everyday encounters for granted. Or you miss the fact that that person used to be just a phone call away. Or an IM. Or down the hill, down the street, and up the hill. Easy stuff like that.

Then you grow up. Possibly grow apart. The phrase "grow apart" depresses me because it sounds cold. In a way it is. Somtimes you stop making the effort to stay together. To keep that friendship going. And no matter what the cause of it is... sometimes its just meant to be and it's a little bit more than sad. Its pretty heartbreaking.

I do consider myself blessed because while I have "grown up" and in some cases "grown apart" from people, I have aquired a good group of friends throughout the years. And while we're all "adults" now, somehow we all make time for each other, and when we do see each other, it's like time never passed. And funny enough, minus the school and worries of grades... its all the same issues and dramas. You think that when you get older, things will be better. That's so cute.

Anyways, where am I going with this? Nowhere really. Just that I am super grateful for everyone in my life. We're nearing the end of the year usually its a time of reflection. 2006 has had its ups and downs and I can honestly say that I'm a bit stronger than I was last year. And I couldn't have gotten by without my friends and my family.

*Awww*

On completely unrelated topic, I've had a lot of sugar today. Holiday time in the office means everyone brings candy and cookies and cakes and fudge... which makes everyone just a bit more hyper and spazzier. And we still have a lot of stuff here at home. Baklava, cheesecake and pie (oh my!). So if you want some (sweets... perve.) Come on over. Its all a bit obscene.

No comments: