Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Could you coo... could you care?

"Hi! How are you doing today?"
"I'm spiffy... thanks!"
"Oh wow... 'spiffy'. I haven't heard that in a long time..."
"Oh yeah? I'm bringing it back...""You're bringing 'spiffy' back?"

I'm in love I'm in love and I don't care who knows it! :) Actually I'm not, though my heart does quicken to clever word play.

Its funny, but for the first time in a while I'm "crushless." Granted I'm 26 years old and crushes seem to be synonymous with schoolgirls, but what can you do. I guess you can say I'm always learning. A part of me really thinks "Good for you." It's the proactive feminist shoulder angel that cheers when I open my own doors and constantly reminds me that I have a lot on my plate at the moment and that I certainly don't need any more complications. But the girly, romantic, abudantly silly shoulder angel makes me miss the ecstasy and the agony of the "crush". The eagerness you have to see someone if only for 2 minutes... and later replaying the entire encounter in your mind and hoping you didn't reveal too much or even too little. Calling your girlfriends and giggling because he said "hi" and wondering if that "hi" meant "hi" or "hi... take me."

See. Silly. The thing I miss is the optimism you have when you have a crush. One interaction can chage your day and sometimes, you really can't help but smile from that simple "hi".
I guess deep down inside I miss being "lame." :)
~*~
Last night was the holiday party and can I tell you that the best part of the night was Joe and I reveling in the fact that we had cheap churros?

"$2 churros? Oh my gosh!"
"WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN!"
"I can eat BOTH ends!"

If that isn't sheer happiness....
Who needs crushes when you can have cheap churros. :)

No comments: