Thursday, July 31, 2003

Aww... I'm in the depths of dispair...

Today... I was working my fingers to the bone as fast as I could so that I can come home, take a shower, and go to Santa Monica because Laurie Notaro (author of THE IDIOT GIRLS ACTION-ADVENTURE CLUB and AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A FAT BRIDE) was going to have a reading and signing at the Barnes and Nobel over there. I was so excited... I really wanted to see her in person because I LOVED her first book (and in the process of reading the second... so far so good) and was totally inspired by it. I was even READY to write about my big "I MET LAURIE NOTARO" outting too. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Because Nicole is a dumbass and got her dates mixed up. The signing was on the 30th... not the 31st. :( How tragic is that. I was all ready and wanted to double check that it was the BARNES AND NOBEL that I needed to go to. Turns out, I don't even have to go at all.

I know there are worst things in the world that are going on... and that makes me sad when i think about it. But all day today at work, I was kept on thinking "YAY! I GET TO MEET ONE OF MY FAVORITE WRITERS... WHO'S ALIVE!" It was that one thought that made me happy...

Aww... now I'm just bummed out. :(

No comments: