Tuesday, July 08, 2003

So about 4 months ago, I read "The Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club" by Laurie Notaro... and I really really liked it. REALLY liked it to the point where I emailed the author and gushed on and on about how much I enjoyed it. It isn't a life-changing work of fiction nor a grand epic... it's just a collection of short, funny stories that she had written about her life. :) Anyways, so yeah, like I said, I emailed her. But I didn't get a response... which was fine because I assumed that she had a life and well had better things to do than to write back to me. It makes sense...

Anyways, when I got back from Indy, I found this letter in my mailbox that TOTALLY made my day...

Subj: Re: I just read your book...
Date: 7/3/2003 6:13:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: laurie notaro
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi Nicole!!
Okay, I am indeed quite embarrassed. Now, I'm not exactly sure what
happened, but when I was cleaning up my email folders, I came upon some
letters that have just appeared, as in time travel, with old, ancient
dates on them. I changed webhosts some time ago, so maybe that explains
the time warp, but I must send you profuse apologies for not responding
to you in a timely, polite manner, because I am guessing that I did not.
In essence, I am indeed the idiot I profess to be. If it makes you feel
any better, I got married seven years ago and never sent out the
thank-you cards. They're written, sealed, addressed, some of them are
even stamped. But mailed? no. Of course not. That would mean WALKING TO
THE MAILBOX!!!
OK, so my point is thank you so much for your note that you wrote me
about seven hundred years ago. I am a dork, but I am so happy you liked
the book, thank you extensively for reading it. Again, I'm so sorry I
lost you in the email vortex--I've been wrapped up trying to finish
number three (deadline was April 1st--see what I mean?) My house is a
wreck, the trash needs to be taken out, my mother thinks I've been
kidnapped and I'm freaking out big time. Anyway-- you rock, and I can't
tell you how much I appreciate your taking the time out of your day to
let me know that you liked my dumb old book!

Rock on,
your pal,
laurie n.


:) Awwww... How exciting is that!! YAY! =:) :) :)

No comments: