Sunday, July 27, 2003

Good gracious... Yesterday had to be one of the worst work days ever...

I had to drop off the Brides personal flowers in the morning... my boss said she lived near Pasadena. PASADENA! Well, note to self, STEVENSON RANCH IS NOWHERE NEAR PASADENA. Its near Valencia... Magic Mountain territory... 30 miles away from Pasadena. You can bet I was slighty worried when I started to drive into boonie territory and my exit seemed like it was NEVER going to come. Oh my...

Then, when I finally get to the Brides, there was a huge miscommunication and I'm lacking an extra bouquet, 3 buttonieres, and 2 corsages. Oh my goodness... definitely something that wasn't my fault, but since I was put in the situation, I felt really terrible. Also a bit scared. I thought the family might throw down on my on their driveway. *gasp* But a call to Brandy to the rescue and everything is resolved. Only thing now is that I need to get supplies back in Corona in order to make the extra things...

Another 85 miles on the road, pick up the goods, then finally go to the event site in GLENDALE to decorate.

Finished in the late afternoon.

Back home... 7:30pm.

Leave home with Carlene and Sonny... 10:45pm. Its bring your sister and her Canadian boyfriend night at work.

Tear down in Downtown LA's Omni hotel... tear down at Glenadale site where Carlene managed to get a HUGE PIECE of wedding cake. The big Armenian waitor stopped her while she was working said " YOU WANT CAKE? I GIVE YOU CAKE" took her to the kitchen with a tow of other Armenian waitors and busboys where they chanted "cake cake cake" and gave her a piece. (Not a slice, mind you... but an ACTUAL sheet. Its HUGE! Anyone want some cake? Come on over.) Finish up around 2:45am.

Home sweet home.

Final milege total on my baby: 345 miles.

I could have went to Vegas. Another 80 miles, I could have gone to San Francisco.

Insane I tell you. Insane. But in the end, I love my work.. so it isnt TOO bad. :)

No comments: