Friday, November 30, 2001

Well, FTC offically came to a close for me today... and I think it was the BEST part of my whole FTC experience. Today, we (Beth, Ryan, Petey, Stephanie, Judy, and myself) went over to Longfellow Elementary and delivered the school kits to the kids there. :) It was soooooooo awesome. :) It made up my mind today about becoming a teacher. The kids were so adorable and sweet and it was great being able to talk to him and perhaps touch their lives in some sort of way. I know that they have to mine. So before we passed them out, the school gathered the kids in the library and we (well Pete mainly) talked about CKI and how we werent a convient store (ha.) And then the kids RACED up and formed a line to get their kits. Afterwards, Ryan talked a bit about the service initative, but I don't think the kids understood.. oh well. And then we got asked questions by the kids, such as "what do we do?" and "what do we wanna be when we grow up"... and then they responded with what they wanted to be. Yeah... it was a definite GOOD TIME. :)

No comments: