Saturday, November 24, 2001

Written at 3:28am yesterday, but posterd at whatever time it says on the bottom....

Thanksgiving was good...your usual congregation of family for the sole purpose of absolute and accepted gluttony. :) Had lunch over here with Mom and Carlene.. and then more food over at dad’s and Tita Lagring’s. What madness! Then it was gather around the TV with the cousins for “Friends” with Brad Pitt! (So dreamy!) After “Will and Grace” and talk about possible spending Christmas in Vegas as a family, everyone pretty much took off. On the way home, Carlene persuaded myself, Melissa and Nick that rather than stay home and do nothing, we should work off our dinners… so it was off to the “Bizeee” for some good music and dancing… *thanks guys for ditching me with that one homie! :P*

Madness at the mall the next day because mom got called into work, so I had to drive to Brea to pick up Carlene. Then it was off to West Covina so that she could complete her ensemble. (Actually, the mall over there wasn’t too bad and at least we did get some good parking. ;)YAY!) Met up with Carlene’s friend, Michael and then it was off to Target for gifts and curling irons.

Dinner and then off to Tammy’s for dessert. ;) YAY! Happy Birthday Tam! Girls night IN with Tam, Lisa, Mel and myself… got to catch up with each others lives… the boys and the mini dramas…over cake and ice cream!
Tammy: Its “better than Sex” cake!
Lisa: Whats Sex cake?!??
I swear, everytime I hang out with them, I realize how much I miss them and how much I miss those good times. Its so hard to believe that we were 16 five years ago and dancing around like we were the Spice Girls... :)

Yesterday, I realized that this was going to be my first holiday not in San Dimas... I guess before we sold the house, it wasnt too bad because dd was still living there and there was still the opportunity to going back and celebrating over there. Thats how it was for the last 2 years... I dunno, so its a weird feeling. So as I drove Mel back home, I passed by the old house just to see it I guess. Very weird... different cars in the driveway, giant American flag hanging from the gate, and icicle lights hanging from the roof! The icicle lights pissd me off cause I knew all the neighbors used them from Christmases in the past and I was always proud that our lil house stoodout wth its single strand of old school white lights. SO now I guess all the houses on Maverick will have those damn icicle lights.. Something so menial and yet, it was a reality slap in the face that what was once my home... isnt anymore. So many memories.. good mostly... and still I'm a little sad by all of it. But like they say, home is where the heart is right?

SO in that case,
1) I'm grateful for my mom and dad... I mean even though I don't live with my dad, they are my home.
2) I'm grateful for wonderful and happy relationships... I think its ony like my SL friends and my family who can properly humiliate me and have these hardcore remarks that leave me speechless. :) *muah* guys!
3) I'm grateful that the people in my life are happy and healthy. :)

No comments: