Monday, November 19, 2001

as one would say... "stick a fork in me cause I'm finished!" :)

FTC was AWESOME. :)

Lets start from the very begining...
Thursday: Woke up after scary dream of bears attacking camp while UC Berkeleky were cheering *GO BEARS.* Drove to airport and circled it several times until I finally found Pic. Came back home and finished packing and last minute *mind* run throughs of the weekend. Went to Beth's to meet up with rest of the Board for a night of discussion, fun, planning, talking, and cheers. :)
Sleep time: Approx. 30 minutes.

Friday: Woke up and raced to the camp, only to discover that my 2 hour estimate to get up the mountain actually was only 45 minutes due to the fact that there was no traffic. Played in the parking lot with Pic, Carrie, and Pete Holiday for a good hour waiting for Bruce and Jane to arrive with the van. Board meeting. :) *i love them so much...* lunch, and ftc meeting. SHOWER, scout camp meeting rooms, rehearsal, dinner, rehearsal, OPENING SESSION!! :)
Thats basically when it all hit me. Seeing the members flood the room with their enthusiasm and excitment. the signs, the cheers, the screaming... IT WAS REAL! So then I cried. :) But it was happy crying. :) The Skit went off without a hitch.. :) YAY... the last minute practices really paid off. Ran around when I could and met a lot of new members. :)
Sleep time: Probably about 3 hours... this stuffy nose and uncomfortable bunk bed gave me a hard time.

Saturday: Rise and shine.. BREAKFAST! Workshops workshops workshops, lunch, project, workshop workshop. :) Sukhyung and I had a blast harassing Holiday in his workshop (DANCE!!) and got to help Kathy and Jean out with their Ice breaker one since poor kathy was feeling ill. Previewed the campfire skits with laura and pic, new member rehearsal, dinner (YUM) and then madness for the evening session since we decided that it was WAY too cold for the campfire, so had to adjust everything for the indoors. :) The session was great... even though Pic's, Laura's, and my own improv stand-up routine wasn't all THAT funny and we were sometimes shocked to hear the chirping of crickets in the backroun...but Laura saved the day because of a joke that went wrong and she couldn't contain her laughter... for like 5 MINUTES! :) The Dj got to the camp early, so hence the dance started an hour early!
*weirdness at the dance.. DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED!*
Afterwards, walked the camp while getting to watch the meteor shower... :) Sooooo pretty. Definitely something I will never forget.
Sleep time: 4 hours... thats was REALLY GOOD cause I pretty much conked out.

Sunday: Shit.. its 7:15am! Took fast shower and off to headquarters to finish workshop game and closing session stuff. :) No breakfast, but got to take some pictures with DBoard. Closing session: After humiliation of bad jokes for campfire skits, I like to think that Pic and I saved ourselves and perserved some "coolness" with Delicious Dish GO WEST promo that went well with the audience. YAY! Everyone loved Beth's Convention Promo commerical. YAY! Slide show and special thanks to KICK ASS commitee! Everyone goes off for PTP pieing where Carrie, Peter, Sukhyung, Joe, Scott, Pic, and Holiday get it HARD. :) Whipped cream never looked SOOOOO good.

So the the whole shebang is over and it loks like everyone had fun. :) BUT then.. as Nicole packs her car to leave.. she LOCKS HER KEYS IN HER TRUNK. I guess all the emotions of the weekend FLOOD and I'm crying over this senseless and stupid thing. But thanks to hugging friends and dancing sukhyung, I'm a happy camper once again. AAA guy comes within the hour and using his manual.. he opens my car! YAY!! Finish packing, finish cleaning, clear the camp... and we're off the mountain! :) Back to Beth's.. Over to Denny's... Take Pic to the Airport.. Back to Beth's... Home. :)
TOTAL SLEEP TIME OVER FTC WEEKEND: 7 hours and 30 minutes! WHOOOOOO!! Thats more than I expected!

*good times*
1) YYAAAYYYY!! it was a success! :) I'm grateful that I was able to do this and prove those who didn't think I could do it WRONG!! So here's a great big =P to you SATAN!
2) I'm grateful to have been blessed with such a kick ass committee. :) Stephanie, Rashmi, Ellie, Kat, Laura, Mike, Petey, Beth... you guys ROCK! :) You so get a cookie!
3) I love everyone right now.. I'm so on cloud nine! :) Thanks to everyone who came and made this weekend possible! :) *MUAH MUAH MUAH*

No comments: