Tuesday, June 12, 2001

:) Yesterday, I went to the West Covina's Filipino Cultural Heritage day festival to see Carlene and Melissa sing the National Anthems and Chelle sing her tagalog songs. It was really cool cause I got to see the whole Reyes clan since Tina, Anna, and Joanne are back from NY There was a fashion show at the event that featured Tita Francis AND Joanne's designs... and her's were sooo awesome! That girl is going to be a big time designer.. mark my words. =) The whole festival was great though. Got to see some cultural dancing (show me a guy who can balance a candle on his head and i automatically swoon!) and took some pictures. They had a mass there that was entirely in tagalog... althought I was kinda, sorta lost, it was different and good.

Afterwards, I went over to Tina's for her 21st birthday party and saw the whole CSUF/SL gang again and we just bascially chilled poolside and waited for the Laker game...(LAKERS BABEEEEEE!) I got to catch up with Danielle since I haven't seen her since my days at telephone services...poor thing, she missed her graduation because she was sooo sick. But she's all well now and is all bad ass since she has a job lined up and getting her own apartment near the beach. Lucky duck. OH and I also found out that Erin knew some of the dudes that I got to perform with for Narleen's concert. it really is a small world after all... cause when I took out my cast pictures, she was freaking out cause her hunch on the guys she and I may have in common was true. weeiiirrd... I'll see everyone again tomorrow at Marissa's 21st birthday shindig! WHOOOOOOOOO!! Another one.. Go GEMINIs!! =) Poor Keri.. she'll be turing 21 in September...but you know when she does, its going to be HUGE and we'll all probably go to Vegas.


Later that evening, I went with my mom and sister to the Universal Hilton to meet up with dad, Tito Nanding, Tita Lagring, Tito Romy, JR (other cousin JR..this one is the pimp not saying that the other JR isnt... this one is a MAJOR PIMP), Jennifer and Angel for another Birthday dinner. It was too funny because when we arrived, it was the last quarter of the Laker game and everyone was slipping out of the restaurant to watch it at the bar... Every other minute you'll hear massive cheering that would echo into the room and cause everyone else to cheer. (LAKERS BABEEEEEE!) Carlene, Jen, and Angel has this oh so wicked plan of embarassment for when JR graduates on Wednesday... it first involved getting a foghorn... but it has evolved into this elaborate theme that's going to be soooo kick ass. =) *shhhh* its a secret!

same old stuff:
1) I'm grateful because Fred is getting better! When Carlene came home this past weekend she remarked on how he gained weight so I'm assuming that he's getting healthier. OH also he isnt weak and as gassy!! :) come on.. thats such a YAY especially for those who have had to endure the rapture of his "problem."
2) I'm grateful that gas prices have gone down...sorta. *knock on wood* for fear that if i mention someting, it will SOAR once again and everyone will HATE me because I cursed the gas industry somehow...
3) I'm grateful for an AWESOME 21 years!!


No comments: