Friday, June 15, 2001

I had to go to Puente Hills yesterday to get my oil changed and while I was there they discovered that my rear break pads were at 5% and the front ones were at 15%. (I dont know what that means EXACTLY... but I assumed it was bad by the expression on the guys face) so I was stuck there for a good 2 hours reading AAA auto magazines. Did you know that VW has its own barbecue sauce?? Yeah... that was boggling my mind. Like the VW folks were like.. "GOSH... WE MAKE GREAT CARS...WE SHOULD MAKE SOME BBQ SAUCE!!" Weird.

Anyhoo.. Carrie was in the area so she picked me up and we went to TARGET to kill some time. Finally got my car back and we went to the ghetto Walmart to drop off film and back to my apartment to wait for Beth. HAHAH.. Beth came with these scary Pokemon popsicles that looked all mutated!!! Anyhoo... we all just rested and watched this Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn flick on TV with my mom. Finally 8pm rolls around (its actually 7:30 cause my clock is 30 mins fast) and we leave to go to LA.

I really don't like the city. Its crowded... theres traffic..and things are WAY more expensive over there. For example, Beth, Sukhyung and I were going to get boba...hmmm.. it only takes about 10 mins to get it...but theres VALET PARKING?? Do you really need to get a parking stub to go to the grocery?? Its all insane over there... oh well... we finally get to Carrie's new place and are put to work haulling boxes, 4 bags of food, a desk and a partrige in a peartree. It wasn't too bad.. THANK GOD for elevators and dollys. OH my gosh.. I was looking around in Carrie's new room and looking at her roomies pictures on the wall... and who do I see... ITS LISA!! hahahahha... small world once again. So now I'll definitely see Lisa and Tam when I go over to LA more often. *well at least I hope so*

So finished moving things around 1am... we drove Sukhyung home and then got a late dinner at dennys where they HAD gravy but no mashed potatoes. Um..yeah. Crazy LA!

The original plan was for Carrie to drive me over to Beverly Hills at 4am so that I can wait for the popstar audtions... so we drove over to the hotel just to check it out and OH MY GOSH... people were camped out all along LA CIENIGA!! There was probably abour 200+ people there. Its 3am, I didn't have anything with me and it freezing cold. Hmmmm... first let me clarify why I'm at the hotel in the first place. I don't want to be the next Eden's Crush... but Ive been taking voice lessons for what... 6 years now? Its my hobby that I love doing... I dont intend to persue the industry, but I thought of this as a chance to experience something and to see what I'm actually capable of. But the thing is... I would be willing to stay out 4 hours on the street to persue this "personal" goal of mine where there might be someone out there who's actual dream is to be the a huge SUPERSTAR... I'd be taking their place? Also, what if I do stay and audtion, and I sing. What if what I thought was good, would be slammed by the judges not only to ME but also captured on the camera. That would be completely heartbreaking !! But I know that I'm good... (not all DIVA though but its pretty) but there are people out there who are WAAAAAAAYYYYY better than me and that have the "LOOK" that the producers want...chances of me getting in it are super slim... and I wouldnt even sign if picked...

WIth all these thoughts in insanely running around in my head... I decided to stay in the car. It was hard and I was definitely nervous as we circled the hotel... but I think its the best thing for me right now. Like Carlene said, I need more confidence. HAHAHAHAH... I was talking to Narleen yesteday before I went and she told me to go..and when asked who taught me, I would happily boast NARLEEN!! But what if I freaked and messed up horribly... someone would ask me.. GOSH WHO TAUGHT YOU?? I'd happily boast NARLEEN!?!? *sigh* I know... I'm crazy... probably not making any sense right now... but it know its right for me. Poor Beth... I think I shattered her dream of being accidently discovered while waiting with me. =) "I DONT CARE IF YOU CAN'T SING OR DANCE... I JUST WANT YOU!!" =) Maybe next time??

Lets cross some fingers for the Lakers! *LAKERS BABEEEEEE*

Lookie!
1) I'm grateful for Carrie and Beth for being absolutely awesome last night with the whole audtion ordeal. I'm SURE.
2) I'm grateful that we remembered to bring the dolly from my apartment to Carries.. that made things 10 times easier.. just imagine if we didn't have it. *shudder*
3) I'm grateful that Carrie moved out and away from her EVIL WITCH ROOMIE.

No comments: