Monday, June 25, 2001

LOONG weekend. IT was lots of fun despite being sleep deprived. I'm feeling the effects of it now with these sad bin hog bags underneath my eyes and the constant yawning that plagues me. EEK!! Oh well... I rested enough today... that should take care of it

Oakland was a blast. I arrived Friday morning where I met up with Carrie and we were picked up by MJ. We met up with Beth at the Bart station and since the last time I was in the area I was 7, I bascially just followed them around. We ended up in San Francisco for some GREAT shopping and exploring. We later lost Beth (who went to see RENT with Ryan) and found Ivy where we had dinner (at this one place where they said BUCK way too many times in their menu than I cared for) and more shopping! Back to MJs to get settled in and tried to take a nap, but instead went over to Jimmy's to play the loudest game of CRANIUM ever.

Saturday, spent at least 8 hours at KDO doing some goal planning. I think we accomplished a lot that day and the year is going to be AWESOME!! Attempted to cram 16 people into 3 cars and off to the hotel for some rest... and another meeting. :) But that went off without a hitch and things were pretty organized for the board meeting. I finished some last minute changes to my proposal and workplan over in Carrie's and Amanda's room while listening to Carrie whine *I WANNNNNNNTTTTT A DAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEE* My own roomies Beth and Jean kept me up all through the night with our interesting conversations not to mention our attempt at getting Manny to come out and play.. *HEY MANNY.. WATCHA WEARING??*

The board meeting went off without a hitch and WE HAVE A FTC THEME... but I'm not going to say anything just yet. :) Afterwards, learned how to play the cup game with Jean, Beth, and Ellie as we waited for whatever it was we were waiting for. Once again, tried to cram oh so many people and our luggages into cars but found out we finally were defeated. But luckily Andy and Phuoc came and saved the day. We all went over to Peters for get some rest and then it was off for a early dinner/late lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. The dinner was hilarious since the guys on my side of the table were enthralled with the certain happenings at the other side. *AHEM CARRIE*

Finally we all caravaned over to the airport where Beth only slightly freaked:
Beth: What are your last words going to be?
Nicole: DAMN YOU BETH!

But she eventually fell asleep right along with Ryan. But it was just fine since I sat with Peter a row in front of them so I didn't have to deal with Beth's nails digging into my hand. But we are alive and well... and NOT living in the airport since Joe was waiting for us when we got to Ontario. YAY!

Today I have decided that my computer is the spawn of the devil. I have tried blogging like 3 times but this freaking geekbox kept on freezing on me. *ARGH* My first blog was really good and full of detail... but after writing over and over again... I decided to just put the basics just incase this crappy thing should cause me to beat it senseless. If I have to write this again, its going to look like this...

OAKLAND WAS FUN.

Lookie!
1) I'm grateful that we were able to accomplish all that we did this weekend. :) Seriously I'm so excited for the things that are coming up!
2) I'm grateful that everyone was able to get back and forth safely.
3) I'm so grateful for everyone who entertained and were perfect hosts and drivers to us dorky so cal folks this weekend. MJ, Ivy, Phuoc, Jimmy, Andy, and Peter (even though he was one of us dorks.. but he let us kick it at his place)... if ever in the LA area don't hesitate to call.. I have car and a really great futon!

No comments: