Sunday, June 03, 2001

Since Carrie is always over in my vicinity, Friday's plan was to go over yonder for dinner and some sort of activity. One change though, I would be terribly late because of a phone call I recieved early in the morning and my forgetting the cellie on the kitchen counter. SOooo... here I am, driving to Carrie's around 5pm on friday when I'm getting nearer to my dad's exit on the 60 in Pico Rivera. My dad had called me earlier that day to invite me over for Tito Nanding's 50th birthday dinner. SO I get there and no one is there yet... I didn't want to be rude and just leave, so I figured I'll stay for an hour or 2 and just meet Carrie, Manny, and the gang laters on... It was really good thought because I haven't seen that side of the family for the longest time! :) Everyone is doing well and happy... had the cutest conversation with my Tito Romy.

Tito Romy: Sooo, how is your social life anak?
Me: Its very good uncle...
Tito Romy: I LIKE the sound of that... just don't get married just yet ok?

*darn... guess I better cancel the wedding for next week huh. :) * He's always giving crazy advice such as that. :) gotta love him.

Well, 7:15 rolls around and finally the rest of the family arrives (Filipino time! *ARGH!*). But I really have to leave and my cousin Bombie is giving me the hardest time about leaving. :P DORK! I would have just stayed there, but being the ditz that I am, I have left my cellie at home and everyone is expecting me over in Torrance.

Anyhoo, I finally meet up with everyone and we had dinner at the Macaroni Grill. The coolest thing about that place is that the table covering is just a giant sheet of butcher paper. They supply you with crayons and let you go wild! So since Manny, Sukhyung, Carrie and I were late (they were waiting for me at the original meeting place since i was cell-less), Beth's side of the table was extremely colorful and included very graphic stick drawings. :) After dinner, we saw MOULIN ROUGE which was sooo much fun! The music references are hilarious and the visuals are awesome. Ewan McGregor is my new boyfriend... (next to Lance and Conan of course) He was sooo adorbale and suprisingly enough, both him and Nicole Kidman CAN sing!! After the movie, Beth, Carrie and I couldn't stop singing in the parking lot "COMMMEEEEE WHATTTTT MAAYYYYYYY!!" So yes... I loved this movie. :) Gosh.. if only I can find my own penniless sitar player... *sigh* :)

After the movie, we went over to The Kettle over in Manhattan Beach for dessert and then a walk on the pier, (even though it was chilly) and then ryan gave me the wrong directions back to the 405... so I was driving through some scary neighborhood before I turned around and finally found it. *whew* :) I got home and found my mom and sister just chattin in the living room. I love it when we get to sit around and just talk about "stuff" until 5am. :)

Woke up later this morning and the suddenly hounded by my mom to get ready cause she got an appointment to get all of our eyebrows threaded. This was a painful!! I heard it wasn't supposed to be and its supposed to be quick and easier than waxing. Its NOT quick I can tell you that... maybe about 10 minutes of agonyizing torchure... but it is easier than waxing cause no hot sicky wax and residue. So I was done and still stinging... just waiting for my mom and sister to finish... and then I hear my mom say... "you need more shape" soo AACCCKK I'm back in that chair with my eyes tearing up. *the things we do for beauty.*

Went shopping with Carlene and Mom after lunch and by the time we got home, all of us were dead tired!! Don't know why, but somehow spending money took a toll on us energy wise. Weird. Came home and then went out to Gameworks with Manny, Carrie, Sukhyung (and later Ryan without Beth *gasp!*) where we once again squandered our money on skeeball and DDR. We're dorks. Then we went to see "THE ANIMAL" which was funny... but I would have rather waited for it to come out on video.

So that was my weekend so far... I still have Sunday! :)

Oh by the way... does anyone know if they use real food on SUPERMARKET SWEEP!?! Its killing me.

the list:
1) I'm grateful that I went to my uncle's party, because like I said earlier... I haven't seen that side of the family for the longest time... and I do miss them. :)
2) I'm grateful that I found my way out of Inglewood safely and sane.
3) I'm grateful for my mom and sister... just because.

No comments: