Sunday, June 17, 2001

Today, I went to Nicki's bridal shower and I still can't get over the fact that shes getting married! =) I went shopping for her gift this morning and it was REALLY REALLY weird looking for the glassware and linens that she was registered for... very weird. LIke one of the other girls at the party said, it has opened my eyes to a completely new world of finding the perfect china patterns and matching bathroom sets. This is the first time I have seen someone my age get excited for her coordinating table settings!! =) I got to see Mrs. Durkan and Alexis, who is engaged too! Mrs. Durkan is still as happy and friendly as ever, as is everyone. Her and mom were having a ball just reminicing about how Mrs Durkan used to teach our preschool sunday school and how my mom would drive us kids to class... . To think... 5 more weeks!! She has 5 more weeks of being a singleton. Its really strange cause though I'm feeling old, I'm feeling left behind in this crazy world of relationships. I know.. patience is virtue. And though I really am not in any rush to get married or even a boyfriend, its times like this when I see others happy, that I wish I had someone to get all gushy with too. It was so cute, Nicki got a lotion set from Victoria's Secret and was all giddy cause the scent was called "ENDLESS LOVE." Somethings will never change... =)

=)
1) I'm grateful that Nicki and I have been able to keep the friendship through out the years... as with my other friends from my childhood. I've known Keri since 1st grade... 15 years!! Melissa since we were 6 years old I swear (we were tap dancing together... I HAVE PICTURES!) I truly hope that our friendships will last as well as the ones I have made at this stage of my life. We'll all be attending each other's weddings *gasp* and *double gasp* kids birthday parties! ooOOo.. getting old.
2) I'm grateful that we finally made a decision on where to go tonight... *ahem* Carrie and Beth. =)
3) I'm grateful for that karaoke machine. Carlene and I were playing with it all afternoon. *OOOPS I DID IT AGAIN....*

No comments: