Monday, June 18, 2001

"What corner are you girls going to be standing on tonight"
-my mom on Carlene and I getting ready for dinner... gee thanks!

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there (though I highly doubt there are fathers reading this) My sister and I had dinner with Dad over at this really GREAT restaurant in old town Pasadena called Mi Piace. Carlene was going crazy for the bread and even had the left overs boxed up so she can take it home. By the time we were done with dinner, all the stores were closed so we just window shopped and gawked at the things that we'd never buy. It was fun and really nice just sitting and chatting with my dad and sister. Since dad may be going to Hawaii for a wedding, we got him this really spiffy hawaiian shirt that he could sport around. =) Dad is doing pretty damn good and is always kicking it with his buddies. He even goes Salsa clubbing once and a while!

Earlier today.. MASSIVE CLEANING. My closet and bedroom has literally blown up since I'm seperating the crap I need from the crap I don't need. It felt like HELL over here since it was freaking hot and the air conditioning really doesn't serve any purpose since it just blows the hot air around. The kids outside were happily splashing around in the pool and playing Marco Polo ("Zamora" as Carlene would chant). *sigh* to be young and have no responsibilites or guilt over a messy room.

HEY NICOLE... WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR??
1) I'm grateful for the my tiny fan ... its only about 10 inches wide and really weak... but at least its something. Its the only fan we have here since the bigger osciliating one is in the storage and we don't want to go through the whole process of searching through all the furniture and boxes to find it. So its just us and the small fan. Poor Fred just layed in by bed, directly infront of the fan as I cleaned today.
2) I'm grateful that I came up with the idea of nailing string across one of the walls for a makeshift clothes hanger... its helping minimize this crazy mess in my room.
3) I'm grateful for my dad. =D

No comments: