Wednesday, May 16, 2001

Do you sometimes wish you had the power to see the future?? Or just a glimpse into tomorrow to see if everything turned out well. For instance, will I be happy doing whatever it is I do? Am I married to my prince charming who will treat me well? Are my kids normal? Am I a good wife and mother? I guess this is all a freaky revelation I'm having since I'm 22 days away from turning 21. When I was younger, I always thought that by the time I'm 21, I'd be this supercool entitiy that couldn't do wrong, perhaps living in sin in my perfectly furnished IKEA apartment with my Mr. Right and steps way from graduating college and becoming this bad ass grown up. But right now, I'm far away from being this person who I thought I would be... its not dissapointing at all, just a realization that in the long run, things don't come out the way you think it will.

I really hate finals.

Mom finally got the DVD player working, except the picture on the screen fades from bright to dark while a movie is playing. I'm just grateful its working! Plus the picture thing isn't TOO bad... I'm sure its something that we can get used to or something. =)

Last meeting today for the semester and it went well.=) Everyone was rolling coins and it had me thinking about this fact I saw in Jane Magazine. Something to the extent that 80% of money have some kind of fecal matter on it. Pretty gross huh... something to think about when you grab your wallet huh.

3
1) I'm grateful for Tina and Keri and I'm sooo happy that they are in the club with me at school. =) I don't know what I would do without them at the meetings with me...
2) I'm grateful for Carrie for lending me SHES COME UNDONE by Wally Lamb. It was an AWESOME read... although a bit depressing. Yes, I know, what am I doing reading when I should be freaking out for finals.. but I really couldnt put the book down. It THAT good.
3) I'm grateful for every chance to prove others wrong.

No comments: