Monday, November 29, 2004

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

...and the inside is pretty gosh darn cold too. I'm contemplating typing with mittens on but I'm feeling lazy so my desk lamp is as close as it can be to the keyboard and I'm sure that in no time, things will heat up... or something. I dunno, wishful thinking. :)

Anyways, the other day while at the produce section of the Ralphs eyeing pears, Sonny cried out "What the hell?!" I looked at him and he showed me his find. It was an apple that was supposed to taste like a grape. A GRAPPLE if you will. "What the hell!?" I said, "That must have been made by the devil!"

We yelled for Carlene and inspected the grapple. It looked like an apple, it wasn't purple, but it smelled like grapes. Or at least grape flavored koolaid. It piqued our interest and it was thrown into the cart. We had to see what kind of freak fruit this thing was, even though $3.00 for 4 grapples is pretty extreme. Curiosity has no price tag... unless its really really obscene, then I'll wait. Really.

So while in the car, Carlene was hungry and she had the first bite. Then the second and third while we all waited for her reaction. Then she offered it to me and I took a nibble. "Do you want to say it?" she asked.

"It tastes like an apple."

I was expecting some soft fleshy fruit, but it has the same apple texture and still has the same apple taste, but with a slight hint of grape. It actually was just a grape flavored apple. It was different, but not "gross" different. Weird though... I mean who came up with that? Why an apple/grape combination? I think it would be interesting to find an actual kiwi-strawberry. That would totally be cute! Anyways, look out for it. I'm still waiting for the square watermelon.