Sunday, November 07, 2004

I was watching SNL's "Best of" episode with Tom Hanks tonight and I think I just fell in love with the guy. Actually, there has always been a soft spot in my heart for Tom Hanks because really, the guy is just too adorable and normal and everytime I see him I want to give him a hug. :)

Anyways, along with the "Wayne's World" skit here he plays an Aerosmith roadie, (because of which whenever my sister and I come into contact with a microphone, we mic check by saying "Syphilis" over and over into it...) they had another old skit where he played Mr. Short-Term Memory...

Mr. Short-Term Memory: Hey, Poached Salmon! I love it! [ starts eating ]
His date: Jeff, have you ever seen anybody about your.. condition?
Mr. Short-Term Memory: [ grows uncomfortable as he chews ] There's something in my mouth! There's something in my mouth! [ spits out his Poached Salmon onto his napkin ] There was food in my mouth!
Date: It's just your Poached Salmon!
Mr. Short-Term Memory: Oh. I love Poached Salmon! [ pierces the chewed food with his fork ]
Date: Don't eat it!
Mr. Short-Term Memory: [ notices the chewed food in his napkin ] Wait a minute, I'm not going to eat this! This has already been in somebody's mouth! Oh, this is a great restaurant! Serves already-been-chewed food!

Hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

Tom Hanks does not say "Syphilis" on that Wayne's World sketch with Aerosmith.

The word is "sibilance".

Just didn't want you to embarass yourself at somebody's wedding or something.