Sunday, November 07, 2004

Light truth peace our lovely alma mater
though we leave we hold you in our hearts



Its me... oh so long ago!

Earlier today, I went with Lisa, Melissa, and Tammy back to good ole St. Lucy's for the Christmas boutique. Boutique is the annual fundrasier where they basically turn the school into a mini shopping mall of Christmas goods, gift baskets, plants, Regent wear, and dolls... as well as pictures of Santa and face painting for the kids. Oh... AND they have students sell pizza, pies, cookies, and balloons too. Its a must. Back in 97, Melissa and I rapped for pies as Juniors. "YO! This one's for my sisters... Sister Monica and Sister Helen!"

Anyways, It's probably been 6 years since we all last visited the campus and we were all in SHOCK over the changes, not to mention the stuff that didn't change. For instance, the vending machines still sell SHOCK TARTS for 75 cents. Lisa and I used to buy this candy all the freaking time and never have I see it some place else other than Lucy's.


These stairs still suck...

Right when we entered the driveway, Tam, Melissa, and I started singing the Alma Mater... followed by "WHOOOOOO." Just like the old days. :)

Unfortunantly, we had to park at the gym, which meant we had to go down THE STAIRS.. which really never is a problem when you have to go down them. Going up on the other hand...

When we got to the main building, the PA went off and we heard our old Principal Sr. Monica's voice. Then the bell rang. Then we all freaked out because it was as if we had never left!


But we did in 1998, just when they added PANTS onto our uniforms. Sucks huh. We climbed all those stairs, in the cold, while raining, in SKIRTS!


We used to sit at this same place our Junior year in knee high socks and skirts... we're freezing in our jeans!

One of my "happy moments" was seeing my dear second grade teacher Mrs. B, who later transferred to Lucy's and became my world history teacher freshman year. Aw, really, she was THE teacher for me, who in second grade guided me through my first communnion and once when I had a bloody nose, she wouldn't let me go to the nurse's office because I still hadn't mastered cursive O's and I needed to continue watching the cursive writing video. I was hoping on seeing her today... and I did! Thank you Mrs. B for without you, my cursive O's would look like odd A's.

Anyways, I had a terriffic time with my girlies although I think we were all in shock as we realized that yeah, we've known each other for 10 years (Melissa since the WOMB!), but oh my goodness, we were 10 years older than the freshmen that were there now. Good gracious. Talk about feeling old.

Its funny, after 10 years, you still know the other quirks. While getting ready this morning, I was running around looking for my socks because I knew that I was going to Lisa's... and like every asain household, you take off your shoes once you enter the house. I also had a feeling that if Lisa were to see my foot come out of my shoe sockless, she'd say something about it... but I couldn't find any clean ones, so I was off without my socks.

So I arrived at Lisa's.

I take off my shoes as discreetly as I could.

"You don't have socks?"
"I couldn't find any..."
"Want to borrow some socks?"

Oh how I love Lisa. :)

But yeah, going back sent a wave of nostalgia over me and it made me grateful for my parents who decided to send me there, grateful for the friendships I've been gifted with there , and most of all, grateful for those days, memories, and experiences I had. I think we're all the beautiful, smart, independent, and yet still slightly dorky females because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »