Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Oh goodness... that moon is beautiful tonight. Look outside! It really is...

Well, what started off as a "look at my new shoes!" conversation turned into a "you need a man" lecture from my Mom...
me: look mom... I got new shoes!
mom: Oooo.. they're nice! (really, they're adorable! They're green heels with a thick buckle strap around the ankle. SEXY!)
me: I'm trying to phase myself out of the flip flops and into the heels...
mom: good. Then you can get a boyfriend.

Let me say it now. My mom is smoking crack. Along with some wild shrooms, weed, and a chia pet. She once said she wanted to buy a hookah just for decor. "It can be a conversation piece" she said. What kind of conversation would that be... "so.. you guys smoke?" Anyways, to make a long paragraph short.. she's crazy.

And the humiliation continues:
mom: Just put your hair down, take off your glasses, wear your contacts and make the first move. Say "Hellllllooooooo... I'm Niccccooolllee"
me: Ew. Oh speaking of, I got my new contact prescription...
mom: Give it to me. We can take it to Costco right now before we go to Chow King*
me: It isn't in my purse... its probably at home...
mom: want to turn around?
me: no... its ok...
mom: no lets turn around
me: its alright mom. are you so eager for me to get my contacts so that I can get a boy at Chow King*?
mom: You need a man...
me: Please stop saying that.

*Chow King is a little restaurant right next to/inside Seafood City... super flipino grocery located in heart of super flilipino area of Amar and Azusa in West Covina. They have a bust of Jose Rizal in front of it. Its THAT flilipino.

I love my mom.... and I know her heart is in the right place, but yeah. She crazy.

Anyways, moving on...

Going into week 3 of no tv. Oh the humanity... I found this really great dvd box set of Ranma 1/2 on half.com so thats pretty much what we've been watching so far. In fact, I've been watching it so much that I had a RAMNA dream last night. At least it wasn't subtitled. Ew.. whats my life coming to if I'm having anime dreams...

Don't answer that. ;P

No comments: