Saturday, November 02, 2002

Its November 2. Do you know what today is?? Happy All Saints Day!! :) Now everyone needs to go dress up like their favorite Saint and sing "When the Saints Go Marching In." That's what you did in the Second grade at Holy Name.... :) Ahhhh.. memories...

Today was a really good day despite only having about 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before... We had the last day of our "Bake Sale" week at school... and Anthony and I manned the table for it today. :) By 11, we were practically begging people just to TAKE the brownies and cookies cause we were pretty much tired and just wanted to leave already. But, its all good.. we made $$$ and now we have transportation to FTC! :) WHoohooo!! Sure beats walking... ha ha ha?

So I had made reservations at the Getty for the LA Enkanto concert at 7:30pm... I needed to be there by 7pm... I left around 5pm thinking "hey! I can get there by 6pm and check out the Dorothea Lange exhibit before the concert! Good deal!" But nooooope... I did leave around 5pm, but the traffic on the 60 was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad that an hour into my "drive" I still hadn't passed the 605 yet. (I seriously was freaking out and screaming out my frustrations at the top of my lungs... I really wasn't a pretty sight.) Luckily Carlene arrived at the museum first and when I finally met up with her and Joe at 7:15pm... she had checked in and had my sticker for me. :) The concert was really chill and laid back... but it definitely had its moments with some really thought provoking pieces. :) I think that's the best way to describe it... I really liked it. :)

Afterwards, we were sooo hungry, so we drove down to Santa Monica where according to the preacher-guy on 3rd St... We're gonna go to hell. Oh my.... well at least we'll all be together. :) Had a late dinner and walked around the area... Decided that Joe can probably pull off a burlap sack if it truly were "trendy", checked out the street performers who seriously were ALL on "30 Seconds to Fame", Carlene dug through EVERY bin to find the perfect "homies" over at Puzzle Zoo... and later decided that it was more fun to try to get them in the vending machine (???)... and I got 2 new books at Borders as well as had an interesting discussion with the clerk on the new Christina Aguliera cd.
Borders lady store closing announcment: "Its 11:54. What are you still doing here?"

Tomorrow, (er Today...) its MASQUERADE and I recieved oh so happy news on my voicemail earlier tonight... I HAVE THE DAY OFF!! :) You know what that means... sweet glorious sleeping I get to catch up on! :) *big obnoxious YAAAY*

No comments: