Monday, November 11, 2002

:) the installation went really well considering all the last minute panicking due to the rain... but I think everyone had fun... :)

Hmmm, that day (er yester-yesterday) I had a wedding over in Palos Verdes at the really quaint La Vetra Inn. It was up on the hill and overlooked the ocean... perfect for the outdoor ceremony that was planned... unfortunantly the rain kinda ruined that view... but still everything came out beautiful, despite the hectic and rushed air that was in the air as everyone was setting up. It seriously felt like everything was going wrong... I had arrived an hour late due to the traffic, rain, AND the one girl whom I was supposed to carpool with didn't show up at the shop, we only had 2 hours to set up due to the fact that the hotel has an event before our function, and the candels in the centerpieces were getting too hot for our freshflowers and the beautiful lilies were getting singed. But luckily we finished with 10 minutes to spare... unfortunantly, outside the room, guests were already assembled so we had to go out the back door with our supplies, and carry them all to the otherside of the parking lot... IN THE RAIN. It seriously was the worse working conditions EVER!! But you know what, the wedding came out to be one of my absolute favorite ones so far because the setting was so intimate and everything was just beautiful. I also had my usual dreamy "romantic" moment where I just had to go "awwww... it doesn't matter if it rains... to this couple they have the world within each other!" Really... I did. But then I had to stop and decorate the cake table.

*leaving the site*
Nicole: Awww, I kinda wanted to see the brides...
Noelle: Brides?? Like 2 couples getting married?
Nicole: Noo.. more like one couple.. a lesbian couple
Noelle: OooOOo.. thats soooo cute!!
Doug: Maybe one day, you'll find your very own bride.

Anyways, once I got off, I rushed (in a cautious manner) over to Janelle (THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :) *MUAH*) for our Installation banquet. :) I swear... I LOVE MY CLUB... we're a small group but I think we all manage to do great things and have fun when we are all together. We had a little program for the new members (stickpeople slideshow, the "ceremony", etc) and then afterwards had a mini "dance" and karaoke. :) It felt like those high school parties when someone's parents were out of town and so you invited whoever to come on over and kick it... with a DJ. ;) Karaoke was OH so cheesy with Kristen's "Bringing it Home" singing, Mikie, Ryan, and Petey's very interesting rendition of "Nandito Ako", a disturbing "Copacabana" from Armando, we can't forget the giant group sing-a-long of "That's What Friends Are For" Hopefully everyone had fun... I know I did... even though Mikie TOOK Elvis... but then Steph got him back and I stopped crying. YAY!! Afterwards, Petey and Carrie and I had a little sumber party here *tee-hee* But great big THANK YOU's to everyone who came... :) You're the greatest and you completely and utterly ROCK.

Today, (er, yesterday) because of the working in the rain I woke to find my throat sore and my nose runny... yeep! Nicole is getting sick... but on a happy note, while I was walmart this afternoon getting some medicine, I got a call from my boss saying that didn't need me for the event today. :) So I stayed at Walmart a bit longer with Carrie and then we went to Mc Donalds to get HELLO KITTY HAPPY MEALS!! :) Yes... it IS the little things in life that make me happy... friends, family, sunshine, lollipops, flowers, puppies, jumping into puddles with sensible shoes on, good music, and hello kitty....

No comments: