Thursday, November 28, 2002

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Today was a day of absolute gluttony... as it always is every year. The thing is that since my mom and dad split up, Thanksgivings have been even more so since its been BIG LUNCH here at home with mom... and BIG DINNER with my dad's family. This means an obscene amount of food. We have enough leftovers here to last us a couple of weeks... so if you've got a craving for some pumpkin pie or roast... come on over!

My baby niece Alica is the cutest thing and since she is the baby in the family... everyone fawns over her. :) Today she said "apple" and everyone in the room repeated "apple" in this awed, amazed manner that made me laugh. She also has the greatest toys. Angel and I were going gaga and feeling superior with this one toy for 1 year olds that had a lot of colors and gizmos on it. Thats right... I know my colors. Yay me! ;)

Well since it IS Thanksgiving... so what are YOU thankful for?
I'm grateful for God, my family (as crazy as they ALL are), my friends (as crazy as they ALL are), good relationships, the roof over my head, those simple things in life that make it all worthwhile, creative energy... used to bring Joy into the world, AIM so that I can talk to people near, far, wherever you are, second chances, "kindred spirits", the used bookstore across the street, slow jams that make you all wishy washy lovey dovey, Conan O'Brien, that everyone in my life is in good health, opposable thumbs, water filters, Disneyland, blogspot, cki, quality time, cd burners+kazaa, the muppets, Diana Krall songs, Harry Potter (I Heart Ron Weasley) and Anne of Green Gables, wicked sarcasm, people who make me laugh, days that are sunny, rainy, breezy, or just really beautiful, my job, the essentials that keep me alive, late night chats about nothing, Saved by the Bell reruns, stuffing, waffles, Indiana Jones *wink*, Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called To Say I Love You" because it makes me want to call people up and say "I LOVE YOU" to them, ABBA, a sane mind (?), being able to really get to know people, those days when it rains and your blankets are warm and you don't have anything planned for the day, personal TLC, the ability to dance in the car to Britney Spear's I'M A SLAVE without a care in the world, finding good parking, seeing an old face, knowing that you brightened someones day, when a friend looks out for your well being, short lines, rocky road ice cream, glasses repair kits, 24 hour walmart, sunshine, lolipops, people in my life who when I think about them, I can't help but smile, happy memories and craziness that the future holds for me...

No comments: