Wednesday, November 27, 2002

At work yesterday, Brandi was telling me of how her older brother used to shove her into the sleeping bag, sit at the opening, and fart into it just to torchure her. It made me think of my own childhoold and how sister and I used to fight... There were some pretty bad kiddie fights we had. One time I stabbed her with a pencil... another time she cut my hair... or she would chase me around the house when I needed to go to the bathroom and so I would end up peeing in my pants. She says I used to kick her at night... but I beg to differ... I remember annoying her when we went to bed because I would walk on the tiles with no socks on and go to bed with cold feet... and then I'd rub my feet on her. When I was 6 years old, I remember sitting in the back of the car with my sister... wearing my favorite hat. This hat was the greatest hat ever because my nanang had crocheted it for me and I looked ever so cute whenever I wore it (or so I think). I don't know why, but suddenly Carlene went into this mad rage, grabbed my precious hat and THREW IT OUT THE WINDOW!! Oh my gosh... I started crying and begged my mom and dad to turn around so that we can get it... but no. My dear hat was gone. I'm not bitter at all... oh no. :P

Isn't it funny how some of these "horrible" flashbacks make you smile in embarassment or even pride. Thats right... I stabbed my sister with a pencil. It almost broke skin. Don't mess with my crayons.

But we knew we loved each other. Sure the whole "your dolls are my dolls and my dolls are MY dolls" mentality my sister had wasn't the greatest thing... but there was a time when my dad threated to give Carlene away to my Tita Lagring after we fought once and I started to cry... I guess I did love my annoying little sister... or when I scared Carlene into thinking I was running away and my proof was that I had actually put socks and underware into a bag... and she begged me not to go. *awww* She did love me!

On a side note... My mom used to play tricks on us. Like she'd turn off all the lights and hide in a corner while Carlene and I are crying "where are you mommy!!" and running around thinking we had been abandoned. Or she'd come home with all these surgical tools from work and said that if we were lying, she would cut off our tongues with them. Oh yeah... Those are some crazy memories...

No comments: