Tuesday, September 25, 2001

AACCCK.. I think I'm loosing some hair... :( it can be either 1) I'm stressed or 2) that new shampoo and conditioner.... I'm praying that its 2. Anyways, lets focus on the happy.

The wedding on Saturday was soooo beautiful. :) Tita Cecil was there and so she wrote a song for Rowena and Alan at 7:30... and then performed it for them an hour later. *SOOO PRETTY* I swear, shes so talented.. I was pratically begging her to move back to LA so that I can have lessons again, but all she said was... "Come to Seattle". Anyways, Alan sang 2 songs to Rowena with Tita Cecil on the piano and pratically everyone was crying cause it was so romantic. Acually, Alan's side of the family was all talented, so there was a LOT of great singing. The reception was during the night and was outdoors at this Chateau in Arcadia (there are Chateau's in Arcadia??) where there were a lot of candles and flowers.. Everytime Carlene and I go to a wedding, we go into this Wedding Planning mode where we take mental notes of what we would want for our own weddings... The actual thought of the sacrament of Marriage is scary cause the whole pressure of finding that person who will love and accept you... and making sure that you have that Secret of Staying in Love, (which all them SL girls know thanks to Mrs. Heifingler) and getting all them grownup insurances (homeowners, life, car, health, etc) and joint checking accounts... but the Weddding day where you know that everything is just right and will be the happiest day of your life cause you found Mr. Right, you're surrounded by friends and family who wish you their best, you feel and look a princess, and the flowers are absolutely perfect is something that every girl dreams and wishes for. :) Yes, I'm getting mushy, but thats what happens when you go to Weddings... you go and you realize.. "Crap... I'd don't have that special someone yet.. and I want this to be me someday..." it doesn't get easy if you're with family and they start asking you... "Sooo anak... when will it be your turn" or even... "I have a nephew I'd like to set you up with.*.. and there you are, a deer in headlights, not knowing wether to say... "Um, hahahah, its ok." or "OHMYHOSH... what's his number and is he an AQUARIOUS!??!" Then you start making plans and collecting numbers of video guys and florists cause when the time comes.. You know. Ok. I'm a freak. But wouldn't it be nice to get a big band to perform at a reception?? I think so. :)

Saturday night Jean called me insane for my desire to call up Miss Cleo and ask about the whereabouts of my future husband... but hey!! if she knows then wouldn't life be much easier and not as stressful to KNOW that there IS someone out there for sure.. instead of just wondering?? Yeah. I thought so too.

On Sunday, had a lunch with the Concepcion Clan down at the Brazilian "House of Glutton" BBQ for Carlene's birthday. Poor Jen and Jr had to work :( so we missed out on seeing JR try to outeat Tita Lagring and breathing hard at the end of the meal like it usually happens when we do have these family "gluttonous meals." BUT I did get to see my new niece Alicia who is the most adorable baby and who is probably going to be SOOO LOVED by the whole family. Bombie said he'll plan the cousin trip to Vegas which I think may be guilt tripped on to me being second oldest of the cousin... and since you know.. he's all working and being a dad and husband and all... :) Its ok... at least we can do something together...its been a while since our last cousin trip to San Diego. Let me finish my FTC stuff and then we can go! :) OH.. back to the lunch. Well
if you haven't gone to a brazilian BBQ before.. its pretty insane. You sit and then the waiters with giants swords of meat come to you and offer their goodies. And the interesting thing is that they basically have every kind of meat... roast, short rib, long rib, chicken, turkey, veal, sheep, etc. Well poor Angel's bunny Brownie just died too... (same with Beth's hampster... and Fred... whats going on.... dying pets and sad owners!) so when the waiter with his sword of rabbit came by, Angel was giving everyone at the table the evil eye, beating Tito Nanding mercilessly for teasing her, and completely appaled when Tita Lagring took a bite out of her sample of rabbit. I think everyone was impressed by the amounts of meat.. and when a waiter would come by with a swords.. Tita Lagring's response would be.. "LEAVE THE KNIFE!" or "CUT ME A BIG PIECE!" :) I love my family...

After feeling incredibly guily after lunch, came home and attempted cleaning. :) OK, got some of it down, but my room still looks pretty bad. Then it getting on to the job of FTC paperwork and working on my paper and presentation for class on Thurs. I think thats when I nearly panicked. But I got a good amount done.. :) YAY and I still have hair! (even bigger YAY!)

Did some shopping with Beth yesterday after class where we ramppaged IKEA as well as other stores that had some sort of housewares. :) Once again started imagining how I would decorate future homes if I were incredibly rich. :) Well actually right now it's more how I would decorate future home in January once moving in. Then it was back to Beth's and Salamanca's new abode where I got to meet their new roomie Lorraine, and download fob love songs for Mike on his computer. :) We gawked at Britneys new video and witnessed the new fox reality horror of WHO WANTS TO BE A PRINCESS." Came home and helped mom lug a refridgerator to her car while the sprinklers were on. YAY!

you are just a dream that I once knew...
1) I'm grateful that the whole tamily was able to come together and spend time with each other. We celebrated birthdays for alicia and carlene. :) Plus mom came along too, so it was really terriffic to really have the family together.. its been a while...
2) I'm grateful for a good time yesterday shopping and talking with Beth. :) Also thanks to her and Mike for allowing me to be your "6th" roomie since Luc is the "4th" and Joe is apparently the "5th." But since I've been slightly going crazy and I needed the break especially after Sunday night's hair fallout freak and panic attack. Thanks to Carrie also for talking me down and reminding me to breathe. :)
3) I'm grateful that things are looking good. :) *happy thoughts.. happy thoughts...*

No comments: