Monday, October 01, 2001

Hectic weekend...:) Roadtrips ROCK! Thank you for RED BULL!

It all started late late Thursday night (early early Friday mornin) when I danced in my apartment complex's parking lot cause Laura got lost somewhere inside and was driving around.

Well, we only got 2 hours of sleep due to massive gossiping and catching up... but we were wide awake by the time that Rashmi and Eliie arrrived. Then it was off to the rental car place where Laura and I manged to charm the guy to give us an free upgrade from our original Dodge Neon (with no tape player). Instead, we got this kick ass Dodge Dakoda truck with an extra cab and TAPE PLAYER! :) YAY! Alright, so Nicole was slightly freaked cause the front half of the car is just about the same size of her bug.. but we managed to get it back here to the apartment.

Loaded up the truck, got some $, and food.. and we were OFF!! :)

Rashmi and Ellie pretty much slept on the way there, where Laura and I were keeping outselves entertained by listening to Michael Jackson's PYT (Pretty Young Thing) over and over again.. ITS THE JAM! Stopped at Anderson's Pea Soup joint cause Laura just had to have some (ewww... ) and several hours later.. we were up in Berkeley! :)

I was slightly freaking out cause... big huge truck.. 2 lanes and one ways streets.. and massive amounts of people just walking over the place... um. yeah. We dropped off Eliie and Rahmi over at the dorms and we finally found our way to Melissas... :) YAY!! Got to meet her roomie Almita and we rested and chatted for a while. Got some delicious pizza and Peter and Kathy picked Mel, Laura, and I to go get some pie and then back to Peters place to play the most hilaious game of I NEVER I have ever played.

The next day was Kathy's DCM in the City (to which Laura and I got excited since it has been a while since we both have gone there) where I got to perform Beth's skit with Laura's help and advertise FTC!! :) Got to take some kick ass pictures of Kathy, Peter, Jimmy, Sukhyung, and Scott for FTC, met a lot of the Golden Gaters and helped them come up with cheers.. Whooooo!! Major confusion and slightly stressed... so we went to the pier to Bubba Gump's where we saw Kristie Alley and got some mini donuts. Almost witnessed a dog getting run over by a car, (but he's ok.. *whew*) and then saw the FULL HOUSE house... picked up the other girls, and it was time to go home. Original plan was to leave at 3... but the time was now 8pm.

5 hours and 4 Red Bulls later, we were home and dead tired. :) This time Laura and I entertained ourseleved by playing Either/Or and just asking each other random questions...
*would you have the bestest most expensive dinner in your life... OR the equivlent of that in cute shoes and a box of mcnuggets?*
I'd take the shoes.
*would you rather be torchured with whips and chains for 3 hours or tied up to a boat on ITS A SMALL WORLD and forced to stay awake?*
the boat...

The next day was my FTC meeting where things are looking really good. :) *whew* yay... went to BJ's with Stephanie, Pete, Beth, Ryan, Rashmi, Mike Bob, and Pic where we got to cheer along with all the other customers who were watching the football game. Back to Beth's to meet up with Joe for the "Go West!" meeting and to watch the *Friends* premiere since we missed it on Thursday. Tried to nap over there, but just ended up chatting with Beth and playing with the idea of turning a hilarious picture into a t-shirt.

Came home and pretty much slept.

*I want to love you.. PYT.. Pretty young things...
Give you some lovin.. TLC.. Tender Lovin Care...
and I'll take you there... *
1) I grateful that we got there and back safely... also very grateful for Laura for coming and keeping me entertained. OH thanks to Red Bull and the other various energy drinks that kept us awake.
2) I'm grateful that I was able to see Melissa and kick it with her... :) I've been promising to go for a while now, but I never really had a chance... So yay!!
3) I'm grateful for a really good weekend... thanks to Peter and Kathy for a great time.. :) It was like an afterschool special.... KICK ASS!

No comments: