Monday, September 17, 2001

It was a good weekend, even though the week itself was depressing. Friday night, drove over to Torrance to kick it with Jean before she left for SD... oh and Beth and Ryan too. :) Dinner and then indecisiveness led us to the Cheesecake factory where we suprised Carrie and Manny. We all gof some boba and then it was off to the bowling ally for sucky shooting arcade games, breadsticks, and Nsync sticker vending machines. (dont roll your eyes at me!) Brought Jean back home where she gave us a lot FTC ideas... Beth and I were in awe. Shes a fellow creative genius!! (Did you know that the word genius derives from Latin and refers to the goddess Juno, the Roman queen of heaven? The Romans believed that every person carried within himself or herself a small verson of this goddess.. who would inspire greatness. Yreah.. pretty interesting huh. I've been reading a lot.)

Sunday, went to watch THE LION KING over at the Pantages Theater in LA with my mom and sister. It was AWESOME!! Oh my gosh.. it was visually stunning with all the puppets and colors. I had goosebumbs throughout the whole production. The plot was the same as the movie *duh* and the dialogue was pretty accurate to it also. But oh my gosh... the costumes and puppets... just beautiful. During the opening, you could hear the audience gasp out loud while each animal came out... I was on the verge of tears. (I was actually bawling though when Mufasa died.... that was sooo sad.. but yet cool how they portrayed the whole stampede... I swear... the set was just amazing!) Since the cast was all animals, my sister and I were wondering about their first day of rehearsal.. they probably were walking around gracefully with arched backs thinkg "I am a gazelle... I AM a gazelle..." That would make sense huh. But gosh... it was sooo beautiful. Also during the curtain call, the cast stayed on stage and the actor that played Mufasa said that it was their job as entertainers to take our minds off of was was going on in the country.. but it would be that we really can't forget. So then the whole theater took a moment of silence and broke into God Bless America. It was really really nice.

Today had my FTC meeting... sooo much to do.. and only 10 weeks left!! ACCCKKKKK!! Afterwards, had a fun lunch/dinner/lunner.. whatever you call it over at TGIF. =) Gotta love happy hour.

do wah ditty ditty dum diiy do
1) I'm grateful for life and for everyone who makes it complete.
2) I'm grateful for a happy shopping experience with my sister...=-D
3) I'm grateful for "good times" =)


No comments: