Thursday, September 13, 2001

Talk about madness. After blogging on the 10th, I had a long conversation with Beth and went to bed. The next morning, it was just insane. I was mesmerized by the events on tv... I think everyone has been overwhelmed with emotions during the last few days. I know I have, I've gotten horribly depressed many times... angry cause it happened... frustrated and helpless that I couldnt physically help from here, that all i could do was give a pint of my blood and pray... guilty when I think I have to keep my mind off of all the chaos so it wouldn't drive me insane but knowing that there were so many dead, missing, mourning, basically so many who were in pain... pride for my country and all that we stand for... This whole thing seems lke it was a dream, like a bad movie. The thing is that I think we're spoiled. Our generation has never seen anything of this magnitude. We know that the Titanic and Pearl Harbor were actual events, but really they were "movies" that tried to give a taste of what happened to us youngins. We never think anything could happen to us... even at the moment, I think... I dont think anything will happen to LA cause we're so widespread and we have no main monuments. And I pray and cross my fingers that this will be the closest that something like this will ever be to me, but now I just dont know.

Pictures of the planes crashing into the building have forever branded my mind. Hearing the screams from behind the camera. The gasps and cries for God. Seeing people waving from the windows and then moments later watching the building collaspe. Bodies flying through the air. Giant holes in the ground and chunks of concrete missing from buildings. Its just too horrible. And I hear these stories of victims calling or emailing their loveones goodbye, telling them they love them... its all too much. We never thought it could happen to us and now here it is, slapping us in the face.

And how am I now? I'm still sad but I'm feeling stronger. I'm relieved that the people who I know in NY are alright but sad about those who arent. Its also good to know that we are getting closer to finding out who did this to us and I hope that justice will be served. I'm glad to know that at times like this, we will only grow stronger and band together and help one another. I just wish we didn't have to learn about our strength this way.

I had several rays of happiness though. I learned that my cousin and his wife finally had their baby. :) Alicia Domingo arrived on Sept 9, 2001. Congratulations Bombie and Michelle! :) I promise to be a terriffic tita and please never hesitate to call if you need a babysitter.

Speaking of birthdays, my sisters was yesterday. So my mom and I went over to Carlenes late (she and I both had classes that ended at 9) and had a very nice birthday dinner complete with cake. :D It felt really good to be with family...

I guess it really isnt hard to see what I'm grateful for. I'm grateful for everything and everyone in my life... even those who piss me off cause at least they make me grow in a positive manner.

God bless America. I love you all.

No comments: