Wednesday, September 05, 2001

Well, things are getting better. I'm not as dramatically depressed as I was over the weekend. Its just been difficult getting used to the quiet empty apartment without Fred's heaving breathing and snoring hissing through the air. Its weird having the bed to myself and not feeling him curled up against my leg. I think that maybe folks will think I'm crazy for mourning my dog and that perhaps I was one of those obsessed pet owners who overly "loved" their dog... but Fred was family for 5 terriffic years. I'll really miss him.

My weekend was blah, except for Saturday night at Maria's graduation/birthday party. Maria had to go and show off... and be the fist to graduate out of our lil barkada from lucys. And in 3 years too!! :) I love that showoff. It was like a mini reunion cause I haven't seen Maria since that night we went "clubbing" 2 spring breaks ago. I went with Tam and Lisa came later. Anh was there too (who I think last time I saw her was at graduation) as well as Maria's Glendora friends, Franz and Sheld (who just graduated too!) Tam and I were reminicing about our "good times", how we used to paly either/or and "who would be the first to (fill in the blank with various responses)" and how our predictions were SOOO off. =) Too bad Melissa is back up in Berkeley, she missed the slide show that Mrs Pascual made for Maria and that included pictures of us in all our dorky high school glory. By the end of the night, the SL gals were in the corner catching up on the newest gossip. Nothing too scandalous.

I've been going to the gym lately with my mom and its been really good getting my mind of things... Reading, writing, and sweating at the gym... my new escape.

Hmmmm.. anything else? I'm thinking....

Eeek!! Only 12 weeks until FTC! To much to dooooooo.....

My passenger side window broke again, so I had to go to the scary/rude dealership so they can fix it... but this time they weren't too scary and were actually pretty amiable. Mom said that I was to be "mean bitch woman who won't be pushed around by any man who thinks I know nothing about cars" but the dude was actually friendly and helpful... and I didn't have to be all "if you don't fix it, I'm gonna cut off your balls" =) I don't think I would have been able to do that anyways (well without lauging or saying "just kidding" or "I'm sorry, its just that I'm stressed" afterwards.) 3 hours of studing and watching the View.. the window was fixed and if it breaks again I have a year warranty on the new part! YAY!

:)
1) I'm grateful for people with originality. I think its a new pet peeve of mine of folks who try so hard to be someone else or pick up on another person's individiual traits or ideas and act like it was their own. I'm also grateful for people who know who they are... and I pray for everyone who are still in the process of finding their true selves... I know I'm one of them for sure.
2) I'm grateful for friends who care... and for my family because I know I'm pathetic and difficult to love sometimes... I'm grateful that they have patience with me and although I may not utilize it, but the fact that they'll always be there for me is really comforting.
3) I'm grateful for Trader Joes... gosh... its so much fun grocery shopping there. Did you know they had SOY ice cream?? Yeah... and I'm sorta kinda growing fond for their soy milk. Weird, but its not too bad with cereal..

No comments: