Tuesday, October 07, 2003

"We would go to the beach. Your Tita Lagring, your Uncle Nestor, all of them... we'd go to the beach. And then we'd kill a goat. Then we'll go swimming."
~My Uncle on his youth

Now offically, been spending my 'nights' at my dad/aunts place for the Rosary. I'm definitely feeling better... although now it feels "real" and I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

My dad is still driving me crazy. I've told him many a time that I don't want to sing at the memorial. I'll go up and say something meaningful and share a thought or two... but I don't think I can survive singing a song... and I don't want to "perform" like its some kind of variety show. But he still isn't getting it. He "kindly suggested" that I "gain some composure the day of the memorial" so that I can sing. He even tried to trick me into doing it. He asked me if I knew some song by Josh Groban, to which I replied "yeah... thats a pretty song." He then followed by saying "Can you sing it?" then added "Nanang would love that."

Can you make it any harder? Really. Can you?

Argh.

Anyways, on a much brighter thought...

My mom went a high school reunion this past weekend where she got a cd of some old music what her and her friends used to listen to. We popped the cd in the car as we drove over to the Rosary and my mom was singing and dancing (swaying) about to the songs. She told us about how when she was at her reunion, when a certain song would come on, her and her girlfriends would get all "happy" and scream and do their little dance (swaying) to it. I thought that was the cutest thing.

But then I thought about my high school friends and I... and imagined how maybe in 30 years time, when we'll hear "DA DIP" or 112's "ONLY YOU" we'll scream and probably start dancing (booty) too. Or maybe bust out our old "STOP" Spice Girl routine. How about hanging out with Joe, Luc, or old school CKIers in 20 years and hearing "BYE BYE BYE." You know jumping 3 times in sync (haha) to the beat is inevitable.

Then I imagined dissapointed faces on my imaginary kids as they realized that their mommy... was a total dork. ;)

No comments: