Thursday, October 02, 2003

The house is in shambles. We started painting Sunday night... Monday got the news, and since then Carlene and Sonny have worked on the living room while I've been at school/work. We still have to finish some detailing but probably won't be doing it for a while or until we buy one of those super big ladders so that we can reach the ceiling. But I guess you can say that the house feels like what I'm feeling. Very unsettled.

They postponed the funeral/viewings until next weekend so that all the family from Philippines, Hawaii, Canada, Nor Cal... have enough time to get here. Right now I'm anxious for it. Its like when you fall and scrap your knee. It hurts... but then you see your mom come at you with that antibacterial spray that you know will sting like hell... but then afterwards it'll be ok. Well at least I hope it will be.

The whole thing should be pretty insane though. Carlene jokes that we're gonna be eating a whole lot next week. Great. I guess its good that black is "slimming."

If they take pictures of family next to the casket... are they supposed to smile?

Ha ha.

But really thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me. :)

Anyways, on a much lighter note, the faint sound of TV is filling the house. I finally caved in a bought rabbit ears for the tv so now we have a fuzzy but adequate reception with basic cable. Apparently, there's an election this Tuesday. See, I wouldn't have known. It feels like we're taking baby steps back into the real world with it. Sonny and I sat there for a good hour wondering if what we were watching was really funny... or if it been so long that we just don't know anymore.

Also, I got a really cute message from Jennie in regards to friendster that made me laugh:
*YOU FOUND HIM! haha good job! (high five!!!)*
Oh memories of old crushes, silly AIM chats, and pandas. Oh the pandas... :)

No comments: